• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Dragon Ball Super

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagpo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:05 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I joked to a friend before I watched that I bet the entire first episode of the fight would only take a minute off the clock... apparently that isn't a joke.

Time in the DB universe is funny. Remember when the 5 minute fight with freiza took like 10 episodes?
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I joked to a friend before I watched that I bet the entire first episode of the fight would only take a minute off the clock... apparently that isn't a joke.

Not much of one, there is a reason that the trope was formally name Namak Fatigue in popular anime culture.

That said, the joke now is that we still doing this after all of these years.... thank god we are at least off namak.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
ep 98,

The big question is to whether the universes are actually erased or simply put into time out or something. Honestly it will be far more interesting if they are erased rather than it simply being a case of "just joking, they're actually all fine" at the end.

Also, I'm wondering why Goku never started off with super saiyen, wasn't it during the cell saga that he and gohan were able to maintain it pretty much indefinitely, and both he and Vegeta should be far beyond that stage at this point anyway. Fighting in normal form seems like it would be a bigger waste of stamina from getting hit.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
The situation just escalated. This is gonna be fun. As interesting as 18 and Krillin's tag team next ep is gonna be Im more interested in seeing the other universes in action
tzarye14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quote
BAD THINGS:
- Goku trains since he was a kid, he got SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3, he becamed a god, absorved that power, he goes beyond god powers, trained 3 years for the price of 1 day, surpassed Kaioken x10 SSGSS and that Trio of something can really body him? Wtf?
- And what about that guy with a skin made of iron? Goku can't brake it? Really?
So, Iron > Goku???
- I didn't know Spider-man was participating in the tournament too...
- Whis saying that Blue no burns energy really fast after they pass like 4 entire arcs turning it on and off like it was a light bulb...
- And the final kamehameha... Really? This show is pure fan service and can't even make it in the right way...
- Recycled animation...

GOOD THING:
- The only thing I think it is worth mention is Sidra accepting his death without saying a word...
Ethe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Rest in nothingness, Universe 9. No one will miss you, but thank you for setting the mood! Wink
Marimo0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
azertz99 wrote:
BAD THINGS:
- And what about that guy with a skin made of iron? Goku can't brake it? Really?
So, Iron > Goku???

I doubt it's literally iron, the same way the Iron Man suits in the MCU aren't actually made of iron. At least, it's probably not the same kind of iron we have. It's probably either some alien metal, since the Dragon Ball universe has stuff like the katchin and whatever Megetta's made of, but it's just called iron because viewers actually recognize what that is, or that iron skin is capable of becoming stronger the same way flesh in the dragon ball universe can be toughened.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
So who here also thinks that the Grand Priest and his Angel Children (minus Whis) are going to be the ultimate final villains of Super?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
So who here also thinks that the Grand Priest and his Angel Children (minus Whis) are going to be the ultimate final villains of Super?

Well, people that smirk when a Universe is snuffed out of existence generally aren't considered good people. There is *definitely* something going on behind-the-scenes, but what it is we probably won't learn about for a while yet. I honestly think they have something in mind for Goku, but again I'm not sure what that might be. I'm not sure if the angels are villains, but the sure seem suspicious.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote
Those universes will end up coming back before it's all over
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:55 am Reply with quote
i got my doubts that the super dragon balls could be used to bring those universes back into existence. and even if they did, i doubt those things would even allow it. especially if the whole negative energy that can corrupt them will also count the super dragon balls as well. the last thing anyone wants is for those wishes to create super shadow dragons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
i got my doubts that the super dragon balls could be used to bring those universes back into existence. and even if they did, i doubt those things would even allow it. especially if the whole negative energy that can corrupt them will also count the super dragon balls as well. the last thing anyone wants is for those wishes to create super shadow dragons.

The whole "shadow dragons" thing was entirely a GT invention. It was never part of the manga canon and there's nothing to suggest that it will be a thing in Super either.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
true , but dont be surprised if they are included as some kind of way to prevent the use of the super dragon balls from being used to bring back those universes that were erased by zen-oh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marimo0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
true , but dont be surprised if they are included as some kind of way to prevent the use of the super dragon balls from being used to bring back those universes that were erased by zen-oh.

Why would that be the excuse and not "Zen-oh is still around to just erase them again"?
Taihair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I always find myself disagreeing with the reviewer for Super. I loved the entire episodes focus on Krillin and 18. With the size of the Battle Royale, if they had only dedicated half an episode to the husband and wife duo, as well as a few of the other characters to come, you would hear complaints about how the writers are not giving us enough time to enjoy, and get to know some of the lesser characters, during this arc. With Krillin being a non-factor since the end of the Cell Saga, I enjoyed seeing him do his thing with 18.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 40