• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast for Keijo!!!!!!!! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda obvious where this is going to end up. On Adult Swim's Toonami lineup,unless Comedy Central's thinking of getting it. It's going to be interesting to see once the dub is done. It's been said before,it bears repeating. This show is "Free!" for the male set. I look at this with a bit of sadness really. It's a shame that a show like this isn't going to be made in America currently,because of the stifling PC atmosphere that's here right now. It could have been made and shown on late night in the 1970's,but not now. Hopefully,sometime in the future,when things are a little less PC,an American version of this show can be made.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
I envisioned this being a Sentai production voiced by Cynthia Martinez and Brittney Karbowski.

Sentai's overall dubbing output is very small compared to Funi, so I don't expect them wanting to try a broadcast dub so soon.

Too true. I'm still waiting for them to release Himouto Umaru-Chan or something. Still got my fingers crossed for Jessica Calvello in the lead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2