• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: House of Gash/Zatch Bell's Makoto Raiku Posted for Sale Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dextres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm sure some investor, millionaire, etc will love getting the chance to live here.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the picture and assumed Gash Bell was getting another anime adaptation. Then I read the title of the article and died a lot inside.

I hope he's not selling his house because of poor sales or anything. Oh lord. I hope Gash Bell is doing great. It's a truly amazing manga series that deserves more love than it got (and a better English translation to boot). Knowing that the mangaka might not be doing so hot makes me uneasy.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:40 am Reply with quote
That boring looking house is 2 million?! Damn, either Tokyo is really expensive, even the rich Japanese people don't like to stand out, or probably both. The only thing going for that house is the big windows for me.

I wonder why this is news worthy? I'm guessing not many mangaka can afford such an expensive house so this rarely happens?
Dextres

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:55 am Reply with quote
I remember once watching a Codeprovider video(he's a youtuber) document his time abroad over at Japan and how's expensive living arrangements can be their. The cheaper apartments(though I don't have more information at the moment) have some sort of weird omens.

If this offends anybody, I apologize in advance:

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVFlOf9Upls
peno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Not gonna lie, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the picture and assumed Gash Bell was getting another anime adaptation. Then I read the title of the article and died a lot inside.

I hope he's not selling his house because of poor sales or anything. Oh lord. I hope Gash Bell is doing great. It's a truly amazing manga series that deserves more love than it got (and a better English translation to boot). Knowing that the mangaka might not be doing so hot makes me uneasy.

From what I've heard, Raiku actually had some disagreement with Shogakukan over some lost Gash artwork and eventually even sued them. They settled, but Raiku swore to never do any bussiness with Shogakukan again. I even saw some speculation that this disagreement may be the reason for English version of both manga and anime being stopped, but seeing how Raiku actually made approval for 2011 Gash manga re-release (for which he even made a special chapter) I don't really believe this conspiration theory. The question is, however, regarding this disagreement, how much money Raiku actually has from Gash these days.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
God dammit! This had better not impact the likelihood of another Gash Bell anime! Not that it was a likely thing to begin with.
peno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, in disputes like this, the manga is not very likely to be picked up by anime creators, when they can pick up something, where they would not be a wall between mangaka and publisher. Not to mention that both mangaka and publisher must agree to the adaptation and in disputes like this, that may also be problem. Though in this particular case, the dispute is nine years old, so both sides may actually move beyond it.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I fear Gash Bell might be too irrelevant now. Unlike Berserk, Hunter x Hunter, and JoJo, no one is really clamoring for more Gash Bell (except me). Hopefully it'll catch on sooner or later. Maybe test it out by giving it a few OVA remakes of the first couple of volumes, see how that does, and start off in the Zophise arc?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
That expensive house is actually a bit bigger than my house.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's pretty big when compared what I have seen of Japanese houses and rooms. But I bet it's still small by Western standards. It's really nice. If I had that type of money I'd buy it and use it to hang out in Japan every summer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1