• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Darkest Before The Dawn

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
So, wait, did Zac go through every possible permutation?

• [expletive] The Secret Life of Pets
  • The [expletive] Secret Life of Pets
  • The Secret [expletive] Life of Pets
  • The Secret Life [expletive] of Pets
  • The Secret Life of [expletive] Pets
  • The Secret Life of Pets [expletive]

And yes, Zootopia will surely win. Maybe it's time to retire the Best Animated Feature category, which has become the "Annual Disney-Pixar Award For Being Disney-Pixar". It's clearly held in contempt by Academy members who just ask their grandkids who to vote for. And with Best Picture now allowing more than 5 films, I'd rather see a once-in-a-decade great film like Inside Out contend for best picture (as Beauty and the Beast did), rather than lord over the kids' table at the Oscars banquet.
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
It's probably because of production companies knowing about the 3 episode rule that I have a tendency to drop things either after the first or after the fourth episode. It's rare that I drop something after 3. I either know really quickly that something is not for me or I'm kind of on the fence and the quality of episode 4 either sells me other convinces me to drop.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:40 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
So, wait, did Zac go through every possible permutation?

• [expletive] The Secret Life of Pets
  • The [expletive] Secret Life of Pets
  • The Secret [expletive] Life of Pets
  • The Secret Life [expletive] of Pets
  • The Secret Life of [expletive] Pets
  • The Secret Life of Pets [expletive]

You forgot [expletive]"Secret Life of Pets"
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't say episode 4 of Yuri on Ice was "filler", quite the contrary. Of course it was "set up" for the competitions, but it's some of the biggest development in Yuuri and Victor's relationship (whether you consider it romantic or otherwise) of the series so far, with Yuuri opening up to Victor about his insecurities and awkwardness and then directly telling Victor that he doesn't need him to play a fake role for him. It's also a great episode for Yuuri himself as he grows confident enough to finally choose his own music and prepare his own program, something he'd never dared to do in his career. Given how character development seems to be the most important aspect of the show, I'd say that an episode that focuses entirely on that can't really be called filler. It's no surprise that the creator Kubo Mitsurou called it her favorite episode
Kileymik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I wouldn't say episode 4 of Yuri on Ice was "filler", quite the contrary. Of course it was "set up" for the competitions, but it's some of the biggest development in Yuuri and Victor's relationship (whether you consider it romantic or otherwise) of the series so far, with Yuuri opening up to Victor about his insecurities and awkwardness and then directly telling Victor that he doesn't need him to play a fake role for him. It's also a great episode for Yuuri himself as he grows confident enough to finally choose his own music and prepare his own program, something he'd never dared to do in his career. Given how character development seems to be the most important aspect of the show, I'd say that an episode that focuses entirely on that can't really be called filler. It's no surprise that the creator Kubo Mitsurou called it her favorite episode

Totally agree!! This was actually my favorite episode exactly for the reasons you mentioneed. The strong characterization and relationship building between Viktor and Yuuri was really needed before we get into the action or meat of the competitions. This episode gave us a ton of insight in yuuri's character and his motivation from now on. In no way did it feel like filler to me. That ending sequence about their inevitable aging was really powerful to me as well, one of the strongest scenes in the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2