• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Dragon Ball Super, Plans English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Well its about bloody time they got it
Avinash Chand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I prefer the English dub voices to the Japan voices; I can't stand Goku at all. It also seems like he's a lot more serious in the dubbed episodes than he is in the subbed episodes, which I also prefer.
Avinash Chand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I prefer the English dub voices to the Japan voices; I can't stand Goku at all. It also seems like he's a lot more serious in the dubbed episodes than he is in the subbed episodes, which I also prefer.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
YES A MILLION TIMES YES!!! Funimation is finally dubbing Super what a glorious time to be alive. Very Happy
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
WELL IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote
That's great, but I won't be waiting. I watched DBZ subbed all of the way through a few years ago or so when they uploaded the episodes on Hulu, and grew accustomed to the Japanese voices.
azhanei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY, The Saiyan has come BACK!

When Crunchyroll announced, hoped Funimation wouldn't be far behind. I watch both subs and dubs, sometimes I watch a show both ways. But it's dub or bust for Dragon Ball franchises. I was far from a child when DBZ helped reintroduce me to the magical world of anime, but the nostalgia factor is too great.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Karasu416 wrote:
Honestly, there needs to be more people like you.

No no we have enough people who complain about Z and Super for arbitrary or selectively biased reasons as it is.

gravediggernalk wrote:
My hope is that any actors involved will remain the same from the uncut Dragon Ball Z dub instead of the recasts from Kai's dub

I wonder why the voice acting in Kai's dub is considerably better than any of the voice acting from the old dub.
gravediggernalk
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
gravediggernalk wrote:
My hope is that any actors involved will remain the same from the uncut Dragon Ball Z dub instead of the recasts from Kai's dub

I wonder why the voice acting in Kai's dub is considerably better than any of the voice acting from the old dub.
The quality of the voice acting is the same between the two. Kai's dub, however, was more faithful to the original than Funimation's uncut dub of the series.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
gravediggernalk wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
gravediggernalk wrote:

The quality of the voice acting is the same between the two. Kai's dub, however, was more faithful to the original than Funimation's uncut dub of the series.

Depends what part of the old uncut dub we're talking about. The redub of the Saiyan and Namek sagas, I could agree on, seeing as by that point the VAs had spent years in the roles (and it was only a few years before Kai). Arguably the Buu saga as well (though we still need to actually hear the Kai dub of it...). The material from Captain Ginyu to around the Cell Games, though? The voice acting quality is far, FAR, more tolerable in Kai for those arcs.
Ella Chloe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Hooray! I Can't Wait For The Dub To Come Out! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Finally, I've been waiting to hear this news! We couldn't have this be subbed only forever. Naturally, this will be put up on Adult Swim alongside the other high profile shows.

davem1992ftw wrote:
Doubt it'll make this terrible show any better though.

Yes well, it'll sell DVDs and other goodies, which is the purpose of DBZ's existence. XD
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
gravediggernalk wrote:
My hope is that any actors involved will remain the same from the uncut Dragon Ball Z dub instead of the recasts from Kai's dub spoiler[Unfortunately, we all know which that will be.] Regardless, I'm glad to see this, albeit without an announcement of Kai's Buu arc. Funimation is "The House that Goku Built," after all, and anything Dragon Ball missing from their catalog is just wrong.

If you're expecting Tiffany Vollmer back as Bulma, don't hold your breath. She's living her dream in New Orleans. Aside from her, everybody else should be back. Meredith McCoy even came back for the movies, so you shouldn't worry.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Karasu416 wrote:
Honestly, there needs to be more people like you.

No no we have enough people who complain about Z and Super for arbitrary or selectively biased reasons as it is.

gravediggernalk wrote:

I agree.
We already have one person here calling it terrible.
We don't need another one.
MrBonk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
Bout time huh? I doubt recast voice actors will return. And people will just have to live with that. My hopes for super aren't terribly high. But I love DB and will go in with an open mind.

Though, i'm still waiting for a continuation of 4:3 DBZ on BD :/ That will never happen will it though.. Crying or Very sad

Can't even get the Dragon Box. I was poor when it was released.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5