• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Power Rangers Film Reveals Megazord Design, But in Toy Form

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:42 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
The sad thing it looks like a guy in spandex rather than what it should be: a toy or a guy in an impractical costume.

No way you can make the 5 Zords combine into that. There needs to be some toy accuracy.

.....toys and action figures are generally not known for accuracy in their designs because of how cheaply they're made.

#825565 wrote:

YOU JUST NEEDED TO PUT A SWORD AND A SHIELD, IT'S GOOFY BUT IT LOOKS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THIS FOR THE TOKUSATSU TONE.

It looks goofy but it's good is kind of a contradiction.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
Merman-X wrote:
everyone should have realized this isn't the transforming & combining version of the toy, there is an image of the proper combining toy few days ago, so far it looks like it would pass as a Kyoryuger/Dino Charge Megazord in terms of design as a toy so far.
pics or bull
robertbaldie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:34 am Reply with quote
Well, that looks shit.
Looks like Aquaman dressed for a gay pride march.

Last edited by robertbaldie on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
Tajima wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Yeah, that thing you all like and have fond childhood memories of and has been on TV and toy store shelves for 20 years in America was a total failure and nobody likes it!

No one said that; but good job (not really) changing my entire argument, and even going as far as to substitute new words that I never said in your sad attempt to "paraphrase" me. You'd go far in the political arena.

I quoted you word for word and that seemed to be what you were insinuating. If I'm wrong, then please, enlighten me.

MagusGuardian wrote:
Merman-X wrote:
everyone should have realized this isn't the transforming & combining version of the toy, there is an image of the proper combining toy few days ago, so far it looks like it would pass as a Kyoryuger/Dino Charge Megazord in terms of design as a toy so far.
pics or bull

The only thing shown a few days ago was a stand alone Red Ranger T-Rex figure that doesn't combine or really do much more than fire missiles. I'd be surprised if a proper combining figure is made, but if one is done I'm sure it'll be just as unimpressive as the rest of Bandai America's new molds.

The dino designs are looking a little on the xenomorphic side. A black repaint would be very telling.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merman-X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
Merman-X wrote:
pics or bull

here's your bullshit

Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
Was just coming to say that I was mistaken and there was indeed a leaked image from Toys R Us of the combining toy that has been pulled from sites.

It's a better looking design for sure, but I think the image officially being promoted is probably a better representation of what we'll see in the movie (but with less color). Probably the biggest issue is the price of $100 for the combining version.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wii800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
the toy looks like shit but thats american toys for you its 2016 you think they would try harder but why bother if they can cut corners and sell a stiffy like it was made in the 70's and put on a huge price tag so of course parents will buy it

Last edited by wii800 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
wii800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:

Not even gonna try, huh?

the answer is nano machines
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Nanomachines, will of evolution, multi-modal reflection sorting, and some other
bullcrap terms.

I feel like the clear picture hasn't been fully painted.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Merman-X wrote:
MagusGuardian wrote:
Merman-X wrote:
pics or bull

here's your bullshit

... wtbff just what really? yeah no I'm done walking away from this

@Emerje: it looks more like someone stole a bio-zoid painted it and added some guns to it which sounds pretty american if ya ask me
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
I'm tempted to believe the Megazord's new look is because Saban didn't want to pay any royalties to Toei for homaging the classic Megazord's look (hence why the new Voltron looks so radically different), but I know in my heart that they just tried to make something in line with current trends. For all the griping involved, Bayformers do really well in the market, and they're trying to bottle that lightning.

It's an ugly robot, sure, but at least I have the classic Megazord is still around.

That's an angle I never really thought about, but there's probably some truth to that. Sneaky sneaky.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
The reaction on Japanese site has been hilarious to watch.

Prolly my favorite.

Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
As much as we can slam Haim Saban and his buddies for this, we have to remember that Saban is responsible for introducing many people to (an Americanized) "Super Sentai" and other fan-favorites like "Digimon".
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
The reaction on Japanese site has been hilarious to watch.

Prolly my favorite.

Bah Gawd King. I was not expecting Japanese Sentai fans to reference Stone Cold.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3