• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Oct 29-Nov 4 [2016-11-08]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
+ 光

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
+ 光 wrote:

I would normally argue that Eupho gets rated higher purely on animation grounds, but story-wise it had an amazing episode, and totally deserves first place.

Well episode 5 of eupho had almost no story so it is getting the grade purely on animation, on the other hand you have Yuri who is seriously stretching there animation budget and re using some of there animation from earlier episode.

Both Yuri on Ice and Eupho featured a competition, but there was a lot more riding on the competition in Eupho - it was almost a matter of life or death for the characters (okay, not that bad, but really really important), while in Yuri on Ice it was a simple preliminary competition where no one had any doubts that Yuri would win. The scale of the competition of episode 5 of Eupho (i.t.o the drama involved and its importance to the characters) is something I would expect from The Cup of China or Russia skate competitions in YoI, or even the Grand Prix final itself.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but where is Dragon Ball Super? Shouldn't it be here?

Probably next week.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
Wow! That's quite an impressive boost for Flip Flappers in the weekly episode ratings. Episode 5 definitely deserved it, it was super creepy and I loved it. And I love how it just continues to move up a position with each week/episode in the cumulative polls. I hope it stays on that trajectory, so far it's proving (at least for me) to be the best of the season. Not bad for a show I had never heard of and had no interest in at all before the season began.

Keijo continues to be dumb fun, March Comes in Like a Lion is uneven for me but when it hits it hits hard, Girlish Number remains an enjoyable watch, and with Izetta I'm continuing to question why I'm still watching it. So those are my current opinions anyhoo.
GhostOfShowsPast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:04 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
It is a shame no one is covering The Great Passage.

I went to this section just to say the same thing.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 am Reply with quote
GhostOfShowsPast wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
It is a shame no one is covering The Great Passage.

I went to this section just to say the same thing.

It's not legally available in North America. We can't cover it until it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote
Bungou went down? Must be because of the filler episode. Yuri on Ice's latest episode was hyped now that China's cup was lit glad to see that it's still going strong same with Haikyuu
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2