• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuki Yuna Is a Hero: Washio Sumi Chapter Theatrical Anime to Have 3 Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:25 am Reply with quote
They really just have to make this as confusing as possible, don't they? So, are these "films" just going to be 25 minute episodes? $42 to go see three 20 minute movies in theaters seems a bit steep, even by Japanese standards. Anyway, I guess I'll just wait to see how this all plays out.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:31 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
They really just have to make this as confusing as possible, don't they? So, are these "films" just going to be 25 minute episodes? $42 to go see three 20 minute movies in theaters seems a bit steep, even by Japanese standards. Anyway, I guess I'll just wait to see how this all plays out.

Maybe 50 minutes episodes, since the Washio Sumi chapter is expected to be 6 episodes long.
But I agree, the project's format is still not very clear.

Since the last one is slated for July and they previously said the movies would come before the TV anime, then I guess this is not coming for Spring season (unless they only meant "the first movie" or something like that).
Darrell Yarmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 am Reply with quote
sad I might not live to see this happen but it would be what I was waiting for I was a bit confused at first about the part where the second half would be a continuation with the title cus there is no light novel for the second half and aside from the washio arc that comes first being in the books there is only the prequal that shows if Im not mistaken the ansestor of yuna and that she was a hero or yusha like yuna is in the original story
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen YuYuYu for a while so I don't remember much but judging from the sypnosis, this looks like it take place spoiler[before Mimori lost her memories]. Shame, I really want to see the old gang though.
Darrell Yarmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
it also says in the article that there is a tv continuation of the old story with the same hero club after the prequil that follows the light novel with mimori as washio along with nogi sonoco or what the name of that girl who got fully disabled by going manki 20 times
Konopan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
They'll be the first 6 episodes of the new anime or an actual separate entity while the TV sequel is only 6-10 eps

If the first movie airs in March and the show doesn't air until past the first week of April they can release them a month apart from each other without necessarily overlapping, as the third movie would basically be a week-early preair of the episodes airing in May
Darrell Yarmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
With this coming out there is the possibility of the prequil way earler like the biggining what ever the era they are in started where yuna's ancestor is a hero or yusha. this would be great too see how the people reacted to the crisis and how history hid what happened with the plague or so they explain in the original anime. that would be some real to watch for too. I wish all of this was airing now.
Darrell Yarmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
sorry I just reread and it is acually Sonoko Nogi's ancestor but yuna's ancestor is mentioned at least they share the name yuna the person being Yūna Takashima
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:32 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

from what I have been told by people living in japan, for short movies like those, sometimes you get to see more than one for the same ticket.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

from what I have been told by people living in japan, for short movies like those, sometimes you get to see more than one for the same ticket.

That definitely makes a lot of sense. So it'll be all 6 episodes split across 3 showings, or something.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:34 pm Reply with quote
People really got confused, huh?

Anyway, Sumi exposure, the better.
GoldenPincers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:06 am Reply with quote
To anyone confused:
*The 2nd season of Yuuki Yuuna, will have 2 parts. The 1st half will adapt the LN prequel to S1 "Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru", while the 2nd half will be a sequel to S1. That means S2 will be both a prequel & a sequel.
*The 3 movies announced will ALSO adapt Washio Sumi. That means Washio Sumi will both get 3 movies and 6 episodes from the TV series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1