• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Knights of Sidonia Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
so is it true the series went from hard science fiction to harem romance?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
so is it true the series went from hard science fiction to harem romance?

There are some parts that are harem romcom but the overall plot is still hard science fiction.
lazydude500

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
Was the compilation movie dubbed or sub-only?

If there's no new footage (though MAL says there's is...) I would assume it's easy to copy/paste the existing audio from the TV series but question is did TPTB want to pay an editor to do that or would TPTB care enough to dub *insert minutes* of extra scenes (if any)?
gwdone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:20 am Reply with quote
lazydude500 wrote:
Was the compilation movie dubbed or sub-only?

If there's no new footage (though MAL says there's is...) I would assume it's easy to copy/paste the existing audio from the TV series but question is did TPTB want to pay an editor to do that or would TPTB care enough to dub *insert minutes* of extra scenes (if any)?

The booklet included in the LE set shows the differences in the included movie. It's not new scenes as much as it's the change of views. This hits home with me since a lot of the changes has some wider shots that include more of his wonderful background art. I consider it worth having if you like those type details.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Knights of Sidonia S2 I only just watched the first season and I can agree that the CGi took some getting use to at first, but it soon became less of an annoyance. I also agree the writting was all over the shop, but what was most annoying was it's ending. spoiler[ We are left to guess what happened to ena Hoshijiro. ] and this review makes no mention of S2 telling us. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
meiam wrote:
Chaos dragon already get a physical release and yet it took us years to get Nichijou! Mad

This is a rather unfair statement. There is a high possibility that licensing issues was a large part of why it took this long for Nichijou to be released. Chaos Dragon was licensed for streaming and simuldubbed; it makes sense for Funimation to release it why it is still fresh in the mind of fans and to recoup some money from the expense of its (misguided or not) dub.

at least it got dubbed. it could have ended up like oni ai , buddy complex & others and recieved the sub only treatment ala section 23/sentai .

also the dub isnt that misguided. lets not forget where the original source materials from the series is from and the production committee's commitment to be absolutely faithful towards it. its it perfect? HELL NO? is the main character likable? not after the last three eps where he goes down the same level ala lelouch and light. but is the series perishable? probably. unless there is a second season or a movie ala Blood C: The Last Dark to remove the flaws from the first season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2