• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: The Cast of Sailor Moon R: The Movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
My main problem with the S movie is how stressed the relationship for Luna and Artemis is to me. spoiler[I feel as though Luna is cheating on him, that liking the human guy so much and so forth. Felt like if more of a chance was given, she would ditch Artemis, and that's not right.]
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Dessa wrote:
R is the "most beloved" of the movies? While I don't hear about people disliking it as much as SuperS, I've never heard of someone preferring R over S, which I've never heard someone say anything bad about.

Wait for the S movie to be released, and you'll get the same "most beloved" comment.

of course it its. unlike the R or Super S movies, the S movie was based from one of the short stories manga and its one where luna is no longer the cat mascot and have a part in the storyline. though it would have been nice if luna was able to keep her human form from time to time.

Quote:
Stephanie: I always gravitate toward the comedy, rather than the big dramatic moments. Hard to pin only one down, though. I love the fact that Haruka and Michiru are partners in this version. I will say I'm very proud to be part of the show – they acknowledged and fixed that mistake, editing that out.

that was surprising. was under the assumption that miss seph understand the reasoning behind the editing of haruka and michiru's relationship. Sure while its great that haruka and michiru's relationship are finally unedited now,it was pretty much the reason why they made zoicite a female in season 1. USA back in the 90's wasnt into same gender relationships. and neither were a lot of over protective parents. i mean really. could you had imagine the parental backlash if DIC had allowed that type of relationship to air on a saturday morning? it would have been a massive crapstorm that would have killed the industry before it began.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ryoukosan245

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Stephanie: I always gravitate toward the comedy, rather than the big dramatic moments. Hard to pin only one down, though. I love the fact that Haruka and Michiru are partners in this version. I will say I'm very proud to be part of the show – they acknowledged and fixed that mistake, editing that out.

that was surprising. was under the assumption that miss seph understand the reasoning behind the editing of haruka and michiru's relationship. Sure while its great that haruka and michiru's relationship are finally unedited now,it was pretty much the reason why they made zoicite a female in season 1. USA back in the 90's wasnt into same gender relationships. and neither were a lot of over protective parents. i mean really. could you had imagine the parental backlash if DIC had allowed that type of relationship to air on a saturday morning? it would have been a massive crapstorm that would have killed the industry before it began.

This show never should have been edited outside the tv broadcast to begin with. If shows like DB/DBZ & YYH can be unedited on home video release why couldn't this show be too.
Almighty Cod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
Well this'll a be a nice treat for people. I haven't watched the Viz dub properly yet. I'll probably wait until its released in its entirety first. But from what I've seen I do like Cristina Vee's performance.

Fallenmessiahx wrote:
My personal opinion is the The R movie and the S season are the best of the franchise. I think that's a pretty popular stance from most fans. Everyone has a different opinion though.

Truth be told, I always found S/Infinity to be a bit overrated. I'm not too fond of the Haruka/Michiru glorification at the expense of the Inners. And I actually prefer the other two movies over the second. I couldn't really get into the Luna sub-plot.

Fallenmessiahx wrote:
Let's not get our hopes up too much on that too much. Two horrible seasons of Crystal and a decent but not great one is not a good track record.

Dream was about as decent as the manga ever got. But even then it still suffers from several of Naoko's shortcomings as a writer. And by this point I think it's safe to say Crystal probably won't make any effort to fix them. But I'll be sticking to the Myu's anyway. Not trying to start anything, but I've given it more then enough chances. And it's clearly not for me.

Personally I don't really get all the apocalyptic hate towards Super S or its movie (but then again I do controversially consider Stars the weakest arc).
It's probably because Chibiusa never really bothered me that much, and I keep in mind that the show was targeted towards a very young crowd. It's one of the reasons why I tend to eschew much of the fanbase these days. Too much bitterness...
Not saying that they couldn't have been better, but I found some enjoyable stuff.
The Dead Moon Circus are my favourite villain group, and I'm not particularly interested in seeing their bland counterparts.

But I'm getting of subject here. I enjoy reading these cast interviews. They're clearly taking this professionally. So I respect them for that, regardless of any negativity they unfortunately receive.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote
It looks like not many Sailor Moon fans like the SuperS movie, I enjoyed that and it actually got me into Sailor Moon. Sad

The R movie is the best though.

@Almighty Cod

I'm with ya on the S movie, while I like Luna, I felt it focused to much on Luna compared to everyone else (S to me did a good balance of getting focus for each Sailor group, even with the Inners, way better than Crystal Season III, honestly I'm worried Crystal may make Dream worse and it'll end up finishing terribly but I digress too...).
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I hold the R and S movies in the same regards, as I never could decide which one I like more. They're both amazing even though both had things that irked me. In the R movie how Mamoru was kidnapped yet again (let the man live in peace, yeesh Rolling Eyes), and Fiore's weird obsession with him. Yeah ok friends. Calling his feelings toward him 'friendship' was about as believable as Haruka and Michiru being cousins. And the S movie had that boring and forgettable villain with no real motive, not the mention the over reliance on Lana's infatuation with a human man. But it was adapted from a short from the manga, so that's a plus Very Happy

NJ_ wrote:
Quote:
So I'm really looking forward to Super S. It's a 90s anime, very different from the manga. But I believe the uncut dub, fresh takes on the characters – they're going to add a lot to Super S.

Good luck with that, I'm personally waiting for a Crystal season 4 announcement and for that to blow SuperS away.

Speaking of Crystal, season 2 set & 3 dub when?

I'm not holding my breath. I don't think even a new dub will make Super S any more bearable. To this day I still don't understand how we went from the drama and suspense filled S, which is arguably the best in the series, to Super S, which is well regarded as the worst. But I'm with you on Crystal, the wait for season 4 is seriously taking years off my lifespan lol
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
SailorNaruto wrote:
I hold the R and S movies in the same regards, as I never could decide which one I like more. They're both amazing even though both had things that irked me. In the R movie how Mamoru was kidnapped yet again (let the man live in peace, yeesh Rolling Eyes), and Fiore's weird obsession with him. Yeah ok friends. Calling his feelings toward him 'friendship' was about as believable as Haruka and Michiru being cousins.

Like they say, it's Ikuhara's movie, and there's even a joke about Usagi misinterpreting their relationship. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

One thing that's usually mentioned is that once we see Fiore in his "true form", he bears a suspicious resemblance to coming from Ail and An's planet, from the first half of the R Series, and the plant/flower motif of attack would tend to support that.
A&A were a bit "clingy" in their solitary attachments to Usagi and Mamoru, too.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
@SailorNaruto

The original manga short it was based on wasn't all that great either; it honestly looking back on it bored me to tears, and it had the thing with Luna falling in love with Kakeru, a man too...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2