• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Figure Close-Up: Dragon Ball Z Model Kits

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Why this is a writer review of figure merchandise? I thought we already got toys and figure column? What was the name again? Astro?

Quote:
The first thing I read here was that tools like metal clippers and tweezers were required (not provided with the kits themselves, but they were supplied to me for the sake of the review), and I gave an honest try at using the clippers as much as possible for removing the pieces from their frames, but I quickly learned that was not the ideal method. It's still much easier to just pop those suckers out with your bare fingers. Not only is it faster and more fun, but I found myself accidentally cutting some of the plastic off the pieces when using the clippers.

Its always make me facepalm seeing how newbie handle model kit. Other kit like SD Gundam, Yokai Watch or Pokemon dont need to use nipper because it was aimed for kids. The runner gate was designed so you can take off part from runner using your bare hand. Other kit that use similar design was Mega Size grade gunpla. Any other kits you need to use nipper. Even manual show you how to do it correctly. Removing with your bare hand will give uneven surface and you could hurts your hand too unless the kit was design to remove without use any tool.
http://www.dalong.net/review/etc/frs03/p/frs03_m0004.JPG
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I thought we already got toys and figure column? What was the name again? Astro?

Astro Toy is long gone, I miss that column, and this article is more of a sponsored review, I think, its just happen to review toy this time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1