• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Protect Yourself With Government-Issued Sailor Moon Condom Packs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
...At least their not Pokemon themed. That would be even less appropriate.
They should have Fujoshi-themed condoms for all the Kiss Him, Not Me girls to distribute to their male friends: "Be safe, boys! Don't mind me taking reference pictures for my doujin! Wink"
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm so jealous. That packaging looks so cute. I don't need them, but I want them just because. Sucks that there's a rise in syphilis though. I wonder what's up with that.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
Shocked "Sailor Moon" on condoms?! This is just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Is it just me or has the world including Japan gone a little nuts? Surprised Question I'm sorry,but this seem just so unnecessary. Also,I'm hoping this post doesn't disappear like my last message did. I don't know why it happened but I hope this one stays here.
takiko1999

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
Shocked "Sailor Moon" on condoms?! This is just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Is it just me or has the world including Japan gone a little nuts? Surprised Question I'm sorry,but this seem just so unnecessary. Also,I'm hoping this post doesn't disappear like my last message did. I don't know why it happened but I hope this one stays here.

I agree with you. Japan has gone NUTS!!!!! Putting the Sailor Moon as something to encourage people to have sex, how ridiculous. Instead of stopping people from having sex, they are actually supporting and encouraging it. (which we will hear no end of it). There is one way to stop STD and AIDS and 100 percent guaranteed which is: Abstinence, in other words, not having sex, the best way to protect yourself. Idea
mandisaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
I'm so jealous. That packaging looks so cute. I don't need them, but I want them just because. Sucks that there's a rise in syphilis though. I wonder what's up with that.

This Japan Times article is from last November, but I assume the issues are the same: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/11/24/national/science-health/syphilis-cases-rise-sharply-japan-especially-among-women/#.WDZG68dOmf0 Looks like men make up 75% of reported cases, and most of the women are under age 35, so maybe they should've released Attack on Titan or Jo Jo themed condoms instead.

The packaging is adorable, but so impractical for the purpose - why did they turn something discreetly pocket-sized into a bubblegum pink CD-sized book? I guess this idea had more moe potential than boring old sex ed PSAs.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

It got removed because it was another "OMG Japan is so crazy I can 't believe this" post from you. Lately the only posts you seem to make are those posts where you get overly upset and dramatic over inconsequential Interest items or like normal constantly say how "X" should be Americanized/what do you think about America doing this. Both of which you've been told multiple times to ease up on because people keep reporting you for them and for being OT. That's why.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
takiko1999 wrote:
I agree with you. Japan has gone NUTS!!!!! Putting the Sailor Moon as something to encourage people to have sex, how ridiculous. Instead of stopping people from having sex, they are actually supporting and encouraging it. (which we will hear no end of it). There is one way to stop STD and AIDS and 100 percent guaranteed which is: Abstinence, in other words, not having sex, the best way to protect yourself. Idea
You're right about disease, but "not having sex" is a problem Japan's trying to fix.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
takiko1999 wrote:
... Abstinence, in other words, not having sex, the best way to protect yourself. Idea

If you have any inkling on the nature of the creature called human, you should know it will not work. In Japan's case though, the real problem is, as Polycell above pointed out, it comes too damn close to working...
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
mandisaw wrote:
manapear wrote:

This Japan Times article is from last November, but I assume the issues are the same: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/11/24/national/science-health/syphilis-cases-rise-sharply-japan-especially-among-women/#.WDZG68dOmf0 Looks like men make up 75% of reported cases, and most of the women are under age 35, so maybe they should've released Attack on Titan or Jo Jo themed condoms instead.

The packaging is adorable, but so impractical for the purpose - why did they turn something discreetly pocket-sized into a bubblegum pink CD-sized book? I guess this idea had more moe potential than boring old sex ed PSAs.

Oh, thanks for the link!

Yeah, I love all of the extra packaging, but I do wonder why they did so much with it.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am Reply with quote
Sorry,Psycho 101. I didn't mean to get you or anyone's back up. I admit that it's a bit late for me to do so but I thought it'd be best if I just apologized and I hope you're not upset with me or anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2