• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Adds 5 Funimation Titles to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
Saw a Index picture-> hopes went to cloud nine-> read title-> crashed back down to earth in a fabulous fireball.

we'll get you one day index 3. one day
Mineur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
Fuuuuu, I almost got a heart attack seeing the Index pic thinking it finally was time for season 3 but no you just have to punch me in the face with that let down...
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 am Reply with quote
Everyone should watch Barakamon on Crunchyroll if they haven't already, just to see what every family-oriented slice-of-life show since it came out has been trying to imitate. (Oh, that and it's really good.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Silver4000

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I have yet to understand the Barakamon one. I rewatched it on Crunchyroll 2 months ago. And even from the time span of the comments on each episode, it aired on Crunchyroll at the same time it aired on Japan... maybe the rights for America belonged to Funimation?

That said, you people should watch it and buy the manga! The manga is great! Go buy it!

Edit: Oh, never mind, just read the 2nd paragraph. Had skipped that one.
Peebs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm very disappointed with Funimation. They cut off my prepaid sub-only subscription 2 months too early and the stuff I was watching on their crap website hasn't moved to Crunchyroll. And for some unknown reason not all of Fairy Tail is on Crunchyroll. Funimation has a ton of titles. Are we going to wait forever for this transition?!
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Everyone should watch Barakamon on Crunchyroll if they haven't already, just to see what every family-oriented slice-of-life show since it came out has been trying to imitate. (Oh, that and it's really good.)

Barakamon is great, but it's not even close to the first show of its kind. And it's not what its newer relatives are imitating. This is actually one of the "imitators" for all intents and purposes.

Peebs wrote:
I'm very disappointed with Funimation. They cut off my prepaid sub-only subscription 2 months too early and the stuff I was watching on their crap website hasn't moved to Crunchyroll. And for some unknown reason not all of Fairy Tail is on Crunchyroll. Funimation has a ton of titles. Are we going to wait forever for this transition?!

Yeah, sort of sucked for me too. I'm not going to open a new subscription, because I'm not going to be watching a ton of stuff on there, but my previous one got automatically cancelled literally while I was in the middle of a show. Thankfully I got the Blu-rays for that one, but pretty much anything else I was planning to watch on their site I'll have to wait on. Really happy to see Ping Pong on CR now though. I watched it when it was airing, but Funimation's player sucks, so I might give it another watch again. And just to support it more.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Only excited for Ping Pong. To hell with the rest of those titles.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure that we'll be getting Index 3 any day now to help boost Yen Press's LN sales.

Any day now.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Index season 3 is basically the Half life 3 of anime at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1