• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fuuka (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:29 am Reply with quote
How come Fuuka isn't listed in the Daily Streaming Reviews list(dropdown menu above) anymore? Did Gabriela drop it or do entries get removed if there's a two-week pause?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Eh, kind of expected ending. He confesses to her, she returns to the band, and band gets contract instead. In general I don't feel it is worth that much discussing the end except that it is expected.

Overall I give Fuuka a rating of So-so (5/10), that is as a whole it did not really grab my attention, and in my opinion it is that it did not really do that much interesting. I think it actually had some interesting hooks earlier on with this focus on social media like twitter, the gay guy, and Yuu's twitter fan being the girl who has trouble talking to people. But it feels like the entire thing was thrown out just to focus on the titular character and music, and that did feel like a waste of potential. Like in this last arc I got why Fuuka was kind of turning away from the band due to a crush on Yuu, but really it feels like Yuu's interest in Fuuka instead of the girl he was dating came a bit out of nowhere. There was even mini arcs going on in the end like Makoto under threat of being disowned by his father, and it is really unresolved, like it barely came up in the show as it was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4