• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Favorite Anime/Manga Couple?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Twincest doesn't often have happy endings, does it?

They are supposed to be two persons sharing one soul, or mirror images, or something like that.

But admittedly that relationship does not sound as nice as their being twins. >_>
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:41 am Reply with quote
When I was at a con not too long ago, I caught one of those music videos that paired Len/Rin together in a tragic fairytale type of story and I friggin loved it.

They were just drawings to music but it was so well-told and interesting and artsy. It might be from your avatar, Raftina, all I remember was that Rin was an evil queen or.....something....there was war and stuff?
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:15 am Reply with quote
Indeed that is where my avatar is from. It is a series of songs (illustrated with artwork) called the Story of Evil. I am not surprised you saw this particular series. I believe it is by far the most famous one starring Rin and Len.

The most famous songs of the series are the trio Daughter of Evil, Servant of Evil, and Regret Message, with Rin as an evil queen and Len as her servant.

To be honest, I am not a big fan of Daughter of Evil--I think both its music and its content are inferior to Servant of Evil and Regret Message, but it is the origin of the series. As far as general popularity, Servant is by far the most popular, for good reason--and not just RinxLen.

There have been many different covers and illustrations of the songs. The particular video you saw at the con may have been a cover, or it may have featured the original artwork (the links above use the original music and artwork). My personal favorite illustration is this series, covering the trio of RinxLen songs, though the artwork is more generic and clean storybook art rather than artsy art. This image makes a great background (but not so much an avatar).

And a nice English cover to end the post.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:38 am Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
They are supposed to be two persons sharing one soul, or mirror images, or something like that.

So selfcest, then?

I'll admit I'm not very well versed on Vocaloid lore, so I just thought they were twins. Rin is definitely more my type than Miku, that's for sure.

Also, Miku is canonically dating that Kaido (Kaito?) guy I think I read? That surprised me since you know how people flip their shit when idols date someone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14