• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Gets New Project & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zerkaio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote
All i can say god is good. welcome back lulu
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
I'll say it once

ALL HAIL LELOUCH VI BRITANNIA !

That is all now can't wait for R3 ♥
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
So that I can grasp the sense of bewilderment others are feeling here, could this be described as the anime equivalent of Uncle Ben returning as a superhero?
No, it is Harry Osborn coming back from the dead, if the Green Goblin were actually the hero in Spiderman.

Last edited by Dr.N0 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
anddo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
I'M SHAKING I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING
zfunk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
I hope this is years later, and everyone is old really old. And Lelouch either reborn or just immortal and doesn't really age, and have Lelouch still looking the same, and everyone else is old, imagine Nunnally being a granny calling Lelouch big brother, that would be something to see.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
I have zero interest in the compilation movies, and I am not interested in any sequel that invalidates the ending of R2. I would have preferred a story set in the Code Geass universe with new characters.

Code Geass is one of my all time favorite animes, but I am not feeling/getting this new project.
pokenar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Happy to hear about this. I actually was disappointed by the series before this.

spoiler[This being entirely because of the ending, only a fool would think such a peace would last for more than a few years, a few decades at most. But everything begins to make sense if he knew he'd gain immortality, and thus be there for when the world eventually fell again]
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
So 3 recap movies and maybe one more movie after that I dont see a whole new series
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't see how Lelouch still being alive is weird, it's not like immortality is unheard of in the show (it's literally shown in episode one) and there's perfect explanation of how Lelouch gained it when he killed his dad, plus the ending HEAVILY hinted that Lelouch was still alive.

Plus it makes sense, Lelouch was always a realist, he knew he didn't have to literally die to "wash his sins" or anything like that, he just did it because that's good for the world and would set it in a direction he wanted. So him still being alive doesn't invalidate anything, so long as he doesn't come back in the public eye.

My only worry is that the quality drop from S1 to S2 was massive, so what's going to happen to S3?
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
What is it that needs to be said about this announcement? All hail Lelouch!

I am already so excited to see Code Geass make a huge comeback next year and to have it kick it all off with three compilation movies to recap the first two seasons and then have it all lead up into the official third season and then see what happens next after Zero Requiem does have a major curiosity factor going in.

Lastly, judging by the title that clearly says, "Lelouch of the Resurrection", we can all safely say that yes, Lelouch is definitely coming back and we are all happy for it because let's face it, no one will ever replace him as the face of this franchise because Akito the Exiled just had to have the misfortune of being the tough act to follow and judging by the fan response, it just doesn't feel the same in a bad way.

Regardless, Lelouch is finally coming back! I am so looking forward to seeing how Lelouch will come back and what new major threat he will face next.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that thinks this feels a little cheap? spoiler[Lelouch's death was meant to be the end of Britannia. If he's still alive, then his entire plan was pointless. For that matter, would he even be welcomed back after all the death and destruction he caused?]

I'll give it a wait and see, but it seems unnecessary to me.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
I'm really curious as to what they said about Akito being canon or separate or something like that, because if it is connected, spoiler[Leila's geass] could be the key to all of this...

If their going to resurrect him I hope that's the route they take. That's the only way I can think of that wouldn't ruin it for me.Laughing
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Please please don't let this turn into another Darker than Black. I want this new series to be great. Hell, legendary.
Scherzo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I have... mixed feelings about the show in general. Though I'd love to see is Ozymandias ass plan go up in smoke, but I doubt they'd address Lelouch's plan in anything other than glowing terms. How Code Geass did characterization is... problematic to me.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Well this is good news for the fans of the franchise I only made it through 15 episodes of season one though overall people who are fans of this seem pretty excited I mean the announcement even got a sticky thread on /a/ on 4chan with 999 replies. So nice to see fans get more of something they like even if it is not something that ever really mean much to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7