• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miss Hokusai, Red Turtle, your name Nominated for Annie Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
I don't know if this'll make up for no anime in the short animated film category,but I think it might. The Annie might not be as well-known as the Oscar is but hey. You take what you can get,don't you?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No anime are included in the main Best Animated Feature category

Well, at least they are being honest in maintaining this distinction. If there is anything to be interpreted from the nomination process, it is that the organisers cannot allow the likes of Shinkai to get his mitts on the real award. (Indeed, notice that no qualification is applied to the Best Animated Feature category.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Why they never report the movies nominated and that win the Japanese Academy Prize for animation or even better the Japanese Film Critics Awards (they have a whole section for animation including voice acting, direction, newcomer animation director, etc, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Movie_Critics_Awards) instead of those American prizes that nobody who is really into animation (i.e. "anime fans") actually cares about?

It would be cool to have this stuff well reported in English:

http://jmcao.org/index.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1