Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Details Revealed For 2 Upcoming Bleach Novels


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Much rather prefer a story on how spoiler[Ichigo X Orihime] happened. Interested in the Shuhei story.

Quote:
Bleach: WE DO (knot) ALWAYS LOVE YOU


There we go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paul D. Atreides



Joined: 17 Jan 2016
Posts: 128
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
Can someone please explain to me why they started putting colour filters on the book covers since the Blood-War arc began?

Why not just let the art stand on its own like they did before? Why put a splash of purple on Rukia, or blue on Äs Nödt, or red on Renji?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheAncientOne



Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 1841
Location: USA (mid-south)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:19 am Reply with quote
Paul D. Atreides wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why they started putting colour filters on the book covers since the Blood-War arc began?

I expect it is a marketing move, to make each one more distinct from the other from a distance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nonaka Machine Gun B



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 719
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
That title is amazing, ha. My guess is Rukia gets cold feet temporarily...

I wish the novels would get adpated for TV like Naruto likes to do; it's the best excuse to bring the show back, if only for a moment, and promote the live-action film. Still plenty of time. And then you notice the trend of anime that ended prematurely making six-year comebacks(FMA, Soul Eater, InuYasha, tiny snippets of Reborn!) Still time...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dextres



Joined: 04 Oct 2015
Posts: 227
Location: Decatur, GA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Sweet!

Now to wait for the translations of both novels to read them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eldritcho



Joined: 14 Dec 2010
Posts: 260
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:


Quote:
Bleach: WE DO (knot) ALWAYS LOVE YOU


There we go.


You, I like you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 522
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Always thought Rukia and Ichigo had a thing for each other. So Orihime and Ichigo have a thing in the end then? Are these novels actually canon?

Im still hoping Bleach will get a final anime adaption. Kinda sucks that the story isnt finished. yea i know bleach till episode 60 was top notch then it went downhill. i still thought it was pretty entertaining though. But anyway. for the sake of completing the full story i want them to adapt the last arc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theNightster



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 1155
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
That title is amazing, ha. My guess is Rukia gets cold feet temporarily...

I wish the novels would get adpated for TV like Naruto likes to do; it's the best excuse to bring the show back, if only for a moment, and promote the live-action film. Still plenty of time. And then you notice the trend of anime that ended prematurely making six-year comebacks(FMA, Soul Eater, InuYasha, tiny snippets of Reborn!) Still time...
well in Soul Eater's case they adapted a different manga, but a final act for Bleach would be great, they could even fill in some of the stuff Kubo couldn't put in do to Jump rushing him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theNightster



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 1155
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Always thought Rukia and Ichigo had a thing for each other. So Orihime and Ichigo have a thing in the end then? Are these novels actually canon?

Im still hoping Bleach will get a final anime adaption. Kinda sucks that the story isnt finished. yea i know bleach till episode 60 was top notch then it went downhill. i still thought it was pretty entertaining though. But anyway. for the sake of completing the full story i want them to adapt the last arc.
not an Ichihime shipper but Rukia and Ichigo's relationship was just a friendship and mutual respect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AksaraKishou



Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 1101
Location: End of the World
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
Always thought Rukia and Ichigo had a thing for each other. So Orihime and Ichigo have a thing in the end then? Are these novels actually canon?

Im still hoping Bleach will get a final anime adaption. Kinda sucks that the story isnt finished. yea i know bleach till episode 60 was top notch then it went downhill. i still thought it was pretty entertaining though. But anyway. for the sake of completing the full story i want them to adapt the last arc.
not an Ichihime shipper but Rukia and Ichigo's relationship was just a friendship and mutual respect


Kubo said the last chapter was 100% what he wanted to do since the beginning. Anything that doesn't feel right is probably due to either his shortcomings as a writer or due to jump rushing him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Top Gun



Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 3301
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The story will reveal more details about the four noble families, the Soul King, Arrancar, and Fullbringers.

So basically all the world-building that Kubo wasn't competent enough to do himself?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theNightster



Joined: 14 Mar 2014
Posts: 1155
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
theNightster wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
Always thought Rukia and Ichigo had a thing for each other. So Orihime and Ichigo have a thing in the end then? Are these novels actually canon?

Im still hoping Bleach will get a final anime adaption. Kinda sucks that the story isnt finished. yea i know bleach till episode 60 was top notch then it went downhill. i still thought it was pretty entertaining though. But anyway. for the sake of completing the full story i want them to adapt the last arc.
not an Ichihime shipper but Rukia and Ichigo's relationship was just a friendship and mutual respect


Kubo said the last chapter was 100% what he wanted to do since the beginning. Anything that doesn't feel right is probably due to either his shortcomings as a writer or due to jump rushing him.
wrong comment
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ew121



Joined: 25 Nov 2014
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
In the one-shot there's 3 relevant characters, Ichigo, Rukia and Orihime, Rukia teases Ichigo for liking Orihime and Ichigo acts tsundere about it

Kubo's editor said in JUMP police that Orihime is a "heroine" character while Rukia is a "nakama" character.

Kubo said several times over the years that Bleach is not a romance manga so when people asked him about pairings he said that they should just focus on the fights and characters because that's what Bleach is about.

Anyone that thinks Rukia and Ichigo liked each other has probably only watched the anime that was FULL of fillers with Ichigo and Rukia(even in canon episoes) while cutting interactions between Orihime and Ichigo. Either that or you've never read shonen manga before


Last edited by ew121 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2009
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Kinda hope these books take off and we get a few more detailing all the loose ends. Happy Bleach is still going and not fully dead~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BadNewsBlues



Joined: 21 Sep 2014
Posts: 3775
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
well in Soul Eater's case they adapted a different manga, but a final act for Bleach would be great, they could even fill in some of the stuff Kubo couldn't put in do to Jump rushing him.


Yeah I'm pretty sure the 2nd half of Huecdo Mundo and the Fullbring arcs or things like character relationships not being properly developed, was do to Kubo being rushed to finish them. Not because Kubo dropped the ball or simply got lazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group