• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Clover to Have 'Super Important Announcement' This Weekend

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I love Naruto and one piece but that being said Perriot is never the best choice definetly wasn't happy with there work on Tokyo ghoul I love the manga and I hope another studio does re: but as far as MHA I love the work bones did but I have to agree with some people on here that if it was long running it would be much bigger and gain more popularity . But at this point of bones can give us 2 cours each year for the next few years that wouldn't be so bad either . It just seems very unlikely . There longest anime was fma brother hood and I think that had like 65 or something episodes and that was 6 years ago.

We've lost diamond no ace , fairy tail , world trigger, gintama (which is coming back) not sure if I'm forgetting any but we need some long running ones to start soon!
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Everyone can already smell the anime from a mile away Laughing From what I've read this is just another generic shounen with very little special features. Thankfully because of how it presented itself, in my eyes at least it's least enjoyable enough as a fun time waster like My Hero Academia is. If this gets a single or dual cour season, count me in.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
Inb4 Toei gets Black Clover.....

Thatd be great. Either toei or perriot. The only two studios who are willing to respect their anime enough to give them long running shows. Other studios would give them 12 eps, 25 at best and forget it existed. Sad truth. No one gets nostalgically attached like that. Hence why the love for the big 3 and dbz is really strong.
studio Madhouse's HunterXhunter would like to have a word with you
Punisherrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
[quote="ETX"]
Punisherrr wrote:
Yea I looked at MHA. It was supposed to be the next naruto. Lol not with 13 episodes. With an episode count smaller than an arc of naruto, it may as well be dead. Why do u think it didn't blow up? If u want a popular battle shonen, it has to eb long running or it has to offer something else. I watch op, naruto and dbs on the regular. They are all great shows. The op gets slow at times, its still amazing. Now if Madhouse or A1 is willing to animate the series to its entirety, Im completely fine. But madhouse prefer making 12 or 25 episode shows with no sequels in sight. 13 eps a year is just pathetic

Bold #1: Just because Naruto has now finished and a new series has taken it's place, does not mean that it has to be an exact replica. Sure, it's a shounen series and you're gonna get the same common tropes but they still have their differences. And FYI, MHA is a pretty successful series in itself.

Bold #2: It's always best to play it safe and go with 1-cour these days so that the studio's aren't sinking even more money into producing longer shows that could potentially flop. To you a 13 episode 1-cour show might pail in comparison to a long running show like Naruto or One Piece, but those animes were produced years back. Method's change over the years.

Bold #3: My Hero Academia ranked 7th on the New York Times top 10 International TV Shows of 2016 which is quite a reasonable accolade considering Anime isn't as popular in America as it is in Japan.

Proof: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/arts/television/best-tv-shows.html?_r=2

Bold #4: And that's probably why you're so narrow-minded to shows such as MHA. It's still a shounen at the end of the day, the anime is just being handled differently than the big 3's are.

Bold #5: Like I already mentioned above, different studio's do things differently. I know I'd much prefer a 12-25 episodes adaptation of the series rather than a long-running one produced by Toei or Peirrot, because I know that the overall animation and art-quality is going to be far superior. And to me, that's much better than it being padded out over a long period of time

To me animation is just a bonus. Doesnt add anything unless its hxh or Fate stay quality. As for the art, thats never been an issue with long runners. Look at bleach and naruto. As for the studios playing it safe, thats exactly the problem. You have to risk it to get the biscuit. They are making tons of 12 episode shows that are just like dust particles in the air. Just passing by.
Punisherrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
I love Naruto and one piece but that being said Perriot is never the best choice definetly wasn't happy with there work on Tokyo ghoul I love the manga and I hope another studio does re: but as far as MHA I love the work bones did but I have to agree with some people on here that if it was long running it would be much bigger and gain more popularity . But at this point of bones can give us 2 cours each year for the next few years that wouldn't be so bad either . It just seems very unlikely . There longest anime was fma brother hood and I think that had like 65 or something episodes and that was 6 years ago.

We've lost diamond no ace , fairy tail , world trigger, gintama (which is coming back) not sure if I'm forgetting any but we need some long running ones to start soon!

This is so true. Except for the MHA part. I think they completely ruined it. It will never become a hit, well unless season 2 ends up being 60+ eps but who am I kidding. Also since long runners have spawned around the 8th year of every decade I feel as if at least two will come in the next 2 yrs. For example 1988 we had dbz. 1998 we had op and naruto. 2008 (well a year after, 2009) we had FT. So hopefully 2017-2019 will be the returm of bleach, black clover will join the ranks of the greats and hopefully much much more
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
Hopefully an anime, I'm already looking forward to seeing it come to life Smile
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
An anime announcement directed in Trigger, Sunrise or madhouse studio would be a dream!
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Ryotaro Okiayu will host the event

If it's an anime, I wonder, whom he will voice:Yami or the Emperor?
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:02 am Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:
An anime announcement directed in Trigger, Sunrise or madhouse studio would be a dream!

I'm actually curious to see a WSJ title in the hands of Trigger. Doubt it would happen but it'd be cool if it did Very Happy
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:
Ozzy4k wrote:

This is so true. Except for the MHA part. I think they completely ruined it. It will never become a hit, well unless season 2 ends up being 60+ eps but who am I kidding. Also since long runners have spawned around the 8th year of every decade I feel as if at least two will come in the next 2 yrs. For example 1988 we had dbz. 1998 we had op and naruto. 2008 (well a year after, 2009) we had FT. So hopefully 2017-2019 will be the returm of bleach, black clover will join the ranks of the greats and hopefully much much more

Say you sound a lot like that guy I argue with sometimes in the comment sections on YouTube. Do you go by "Shaffan D." by any chance? Anyways regarding the topic, how can you say MHA can never be a hit when ETX literally just proved the complete opposite? Not only that but you've essentially argued that the quantity of episodes is more important than the overall quality of the show. Pretty poor argument right there.
pikabot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:16 am Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
I've never tried this series, but I'm always curious about it when it shows up on ANN. To anyone willing to share some insight, are there any, or maybe several series it could be compared to in vibe, storytelling style, quality, ect? I've gotten burned a lot diving head first into some really mediocre shonens lately and I'm a completionist so I have a hard time dropping them once I start. As such, I'd really like to get a general idea of if this one is worth it before I go any further.

If you're not looking for some deeply mediocre shonen, Black Clover's not for you. All it does it mindlessly regurgitate standard shonen tropes, and it doesn't even do them correctly. The author has no idea how to do setup; the cart isn't just before the horse, it's shooting down the road while the horse is taking a nap. The author jumps directly from the introduction of a story element to its payoff without letting it breathe or build up dramatic tension, so all of its 'payoffs' are incredibly flaccid.

It's bad. It's really bad.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:01 am Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:

I'm actually glad that BnhA got a 13 episode anime. Your way thinking is outdated. Long running anime are a dead trend and they aren't coming back. I was very happy that they adapted the BnhA manga properly, without skipping anything or rushing things to no end, like they did with Nanatsu no Taizai or Magi. I think it's great that they're aproaching BnhA with multiple one or 2 cour seasons in the long run, because it benefits everyone, the adaptation was perfect the way it was and thank goodness we didn't get a long running adaptation, it would've been terrible. Also, a long running series for BnhA would have been impossible, because the series is very new. Even now, a 60 episode adaptation would be impossible. Please think a bit more before you post. Also, since you seem to have a deep fondness of long running trash adaptations, just look how bad Naruto ended up being, half of it is filler, the manga ended ages ago and they're still milking it with more infinite amounts of filler, great, that's exactly what the fans wanted! Look at One Piece, the pace is literally excruciatingly slow. Toriko got a long running anime, does anyone care about that? No, because it was terribly adapted by Toei and that happens to be the trend with most of the recent long running series we've had for the last 5 years. Look at Twin Stars Exorcists, that got a 50 episode adaptation, filled with filler and just a forgettable adaptation overall, did that become a huge hit? No, did it boost the manga sales a lot, because that's what matters the most in Japan. Nope, didn't happen. Also, you might say, but Hunter x Hunter 2011 was a huge hit. True, but that started coming out in 2011 and it had literally had hundreds of chapters it could adapt, the reason why HxH 2011 is so good is because it isn't like most long running adaptations, it's a perfectly paced filler-free loyal adaptation. Also, there won't be any other super big hits like the Big 3 any longer, we're in a new era and I'm happy that things have changed. The closest thing to a new super big hit we have is Attack on Titan. I actually hope that Black Clover will get a long running adaptation because that's exactly what it deserves, to be forgotten as a mediocre uninspired lame manga. Also, no one said that BnhA was supposed to be the next Naruto, that's just your silly impression.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:02 am Reply with quote
Man I hope that it's an Anime adaptation and that it gets the same quality treatment as One Punch Man and My Hero Academia. Very Happy
EducatedRuffian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Quote:
Ryotaro Okiayu will host the event

If it's an anime, I wonder, whom he will voice:Yami or the Emperor?

I was thinking the exact same thing Anime hyper
Black Magi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
Oh? Fairy Tail's and Naruto's love child is getting adaptation most likely?. More mediocrity is one the way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3