Forum - View topic
One and only release scraper issues thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigOnAnime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
So in other words, adding releases is now pretty much impossible, yay. I sent Dan42 a PM about the release scraper recently, hopefully it gets hit attention, but he hasn't posted in a week now, so who knows when we'll see any of these issues get fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
It occurs to me that this may be down to the other site issues; something related to the change of URL etc. may have triggered anti-DOS measures on the sites in question.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Calico

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Is everyone else still having problems adding releases, even after the domain has been recovered? I've been trying to add some releases using Barnes & Noble and Amazon, but neither have been working for me.
horseradish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:03 pm Reply with quote
^Calico

As BigOnAnime said a couple posts ago, adding releases is now pretty much impossible for regular contributors. I still get "could not fetch page" and "not a valid page" errors, which is unfortunate since missing releases are growing. Sad
BigOnAnime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:34 am Reply with quote
Looks like I'll have to shoot Dan another PM and hope he reads it (he seems to not have read the one I sent a month ago), or attempt to post in the "Bugs & Technical Questions" section of the forum as he seems to not be looking at this section.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calico

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote
@horseradish Well, that sucks. I guess we just have to wait and hope someone with the power to do something will actually fix it. Sad
Kruszer
Enjoying the time of EVEEnjoying the time of EVE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
@horseradish Well, that sucks. I guess we just have to wait and hope someone with the power to do something will actually fix it. Sad

If the release has an encyclopedia page you can actually add a sort of place-holder entry to your own collection list to help you keep track of some of what's missing by using the drop down boxes. It won't add anything to the ANN Encyclopedia though just your list.

For DVDs/BDs you could always try FilmAF
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3