• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime Series Premieres in Japan in Spring 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tsumikisan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:33 am Reply with quote
I wonder if we'll ever get a YGO anime with a female protagonist who has even weirder hair. Laughing

In any case he does look a little cooler than the last two and it sounds like it'd be good, so I'll be checking it out. Very Happy
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote
Hopefully crunchy roll can simulcast this, maybe I'll watch the first 10 episodes?
1dbad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If they make a new Summoning type, I wonder how they could they when they are running out of ideas.

Chances are probably slim, but I'm hoping they take a break from introducing a new Summoning type this time around.
Edo the Light

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:42 am Reply with quote
Great, a duelist who looks like a business man. Might as well watch a few episodes of it to see how it goes.

Am I one of the few people who likes Arc-V or at least the last seasons of it (Xyz and Fusion Dimensions)?

Last edited by Edo the Light on Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Crunchroll will pick it up in 4 years, sub the first 30 episodes, then forget about it. Also use the English names.

I don't know about the other series but Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters only uses english names for the cards themselves.

1dbad wrote:
You're probably right about the long wait, but Crunchyroll isn't that bad.

Yeah they actually added 5 episodes for the Yu-Gi-Oh bringing it's episode total to 89 episodes Razz

Lord Oink wrote:
They use the Japanese character names in their subs, and have already fully subbed GX and 5D's.

But not Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters i.e. the series that's the more popular of the franchise.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:26 am Reply with quote
For Christ's sake what's up with YuGiOh and weird hair??
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:29 am Reply with quote
Woomy wrote:
PercivaI wrote:
Whats with the weird hair?

Weird hair has been a staple of this franchise ever since the first appearance of Yugi himself. Don't know why you're questioning this now.

This is pretty much my thought as well. Yu-Gi-Oh!'s series always had trademark looking hair so it's nothing new or something to be surprised about.

Anyways, I look forward to this.
However, this also means that Arc-V is ending next Spring so I'll be kinda sad about that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
elior1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Woomy wrote:
PercivaI wrote:
Whats with the weird hair?

Weird hair has been a staple of this franchise ever since the first appearance of Yugi himself. Don't know why you're questioning this now.

This is pretty much my thought as well. Yu-Gi-Oh!'s series always had trademark looking hair so it's nothing new or something to be surprised about.

Anyways, I look forward to this.
However, this also means that Arc-V is ending next Spring so I'll be kinda sad about that.
i hope the final villain of arc v ZARC will be powerful
nb97

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:49 am Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
If they make a new Summoning type, I wonder how they could they when they are running out of ideas.

Chances are probably slim, but I'm hoping they take a break from introducing a new Summoning type this time around.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that as well. After ARC-V brought all the summoning methods together with Pendulum (apart from Ritual, huh...), I think there's no need for a new one. They could simply use the same formula they used in ARC-V and use every type. If there are Pendulum Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monsters, they could also do a Synchro Fusion or something with the requirement being X and Y monsters with a total level being the same as the monster summoned. A new method would be completely unnecesary.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:00 am Reply with quote
Guys let's be real new show new character so of course new summoning method for the sakes of selling card.

As for this sixth serie let's see how good it will be.

For me thus far my top list is:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5d's
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Can't wait to know about this serie more Razz
Puniyo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:05 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
The only thing that I'm hoping for is that this new Yu-Gi-Oh! series is more serious than Arc V because boy was that one a circus act. Confused

Is that a pun?

But I thought Arc-V had a nice balance of seriousness and sillyness. There were silliness, literal circus acts and jokes, but at the end of the day Yuuya's pretending to smile and there's a war going on. (Also what happened to actual Heartland...)

I like Yuusaku's name, but for the yugioh universe, his design is really, really generic.
(Then again he doesn't like standing out, so maybe that's the point...?)
It looks like it's going for the whole Arc-V two-tone plot again. (Please. Not another Zexal.)

I love yugioh because even though it's a long-running series, there's actually a plot and characters actually grow... and most importantly, it knows when to end its stories so all that development actuallly counts, instead of just making filler arcs then contriving some other reason for the original cast to save the world yet again.

Anyway, I hope there isn't a new summoning type... ;;
Make all the new monster cards and types you want, but the last thing we need is balancce issues again. XYZ ruined the game's balance completely and Pendulum at least managed to sort of address it.

Last edited by Puniyo on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Sayuri Lapis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
Why is everyone so salty here? I actually like the new Yu-Gi-Oh! Protagonist. He looks kind of like Yuma.
Puniyo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
Sayuri Lapis wrote:
Why is everyone so salty here? I actually like the new Yu-Gi-Oh! Protagonist. He looks kind of like Yuma.

I think that's the issue for most people Razz
I just legit think he looks like a background character, but it sounds intentional.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
Seriously another one?!/?!?!? Why??? Arc-V seemed like a perfect place to end the series. I mean combining all of the Summoning methods bringing back characters from preveious series etc. Why do we need another commercial for the children card game that will propably just intoduce another form of Summoning. Like the game wasn't complicated enough -.-'

Last edited by SpaceTheGamer on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
NBlaze53

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:41 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
The only thing that I'm hoping for is that this new Yu-Gi-Oh! series is more serious than Arc V because boy was that one a circus act. Confused

You mustn't have watched must Arc-V. Next to 5D's it's the darkest show (Probably cause they had the same staff). An entire dimension of war and death, a dimension of discrimination and profiling and an entire dimension of child soldiers. How can you get more serious then that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4