• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gintama is Most Anticipated Anime for Winter 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
The two series I'm looking forward to most this winter are Little Witch Academia and Dragon Maid. Very Happy
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Glad Grand Order is getting an anime. The game was never released in English so this is really some people's only chance to get into it.
pauladls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
RIP super lovers
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Here's to hoping Grand Order: First Order is a smash success so we get the rest of them too.

And with real hope, that Taneda Risa recovers in time to play Marie for Orleans.
bassgs435

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
So,I voted for Konosuba, Hand Shakers and ToZ's 2nd cour. It's funny, because I'd vote for Chaos;Child instead of Hand Shakers if I didn't know that C;C's apparently only gonna be 12 episodes, and the VN's longer than S;G, so it's easy to know that unless SL are doing that thing were they plan to announce a 2nd batch of episodes after a seasonal break (so, for summer or fall) at the end of the season, the adaptation's gonna be a mess.

I'll check it out with hopes of the secret split cour happening, but as soon as VN readers point out red flags if they show up (such as certain events happening too early because they have to rush the adaptation to fit the story from beggining to end into 12 episodes), I'm dropping it and waiting for the VN (which'll be localized)..
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Here's to hoping Grand Order: First Order is a smash success so we get the rest of them too.

And with real hope, that Taneda Risa recovers in time to play Marie for Orleans.

You just shafted Mashu xD
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:49 pm Reply with quote
My Most Anticipated Winter anime are KonoSuba, Blue Exorcist and Rewrite.
Seeing 2 of them on the top 3 and the other inside the top 10 makes me really happy.

Can't wait for my weekly dose of KonoSuba comedy.
Punisherrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Lol thats a pretty feminine group of men. And a masculine groupe of women. Why tf are the slice of life and comedy higher in the mens list than shonens? And the women is opposite. If this was an average western fans list, blue exorcist would easily be number 1 then probably gintama
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
My most anticipated are Gintama, Rakugo, Little Witch Academia, ACCA 13, OniHei, and KonoSuba. For films I only care about Hirune-hime and Lupin III. I don't care about the rest of the titles.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
You just shafted Mashu xD

She's already done for, but Marie can still be saved.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
It's not surprised that Gintama tops the list, but it's surprising that it's only fourth among men.

It also seems that most of these are either returning or sequel shows, which would make sense because people are familiar with them.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:54 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
The second OVA had a physical release in Japan, which had a Japanese release and sold over 3k copies, which isn't bad, I don't know if that's what you mean by "commercial release", but the second wasn't accessible only to English fans, in any event.

This is certainly an interesting breakdown. Surprised to not see Rakugo on any list there either. I imagine Rakugo and LWA will be much more popular on the ANN poll.
yeah that would commercial, I hadn't heard anything about that though, i suppose that would make sense in retrospect.

I bought the Japanese release for LWA2 as it had English Subtitles on it and had the first OVA on it as well. It's a cool release. Smile

BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Aw nuts, Seiren didn't make the list at all, that doesn't bode too well for its chances of finishing all six girls' arcs.

Yeah, I'm not counting on it. Though, who knows, anime getting sequels doesn't always make any sense. Also, Yuri On Ice hardly made any "anticipated" polls in Japan either before Fall started. Like others have noted, these lists are almost always heavily skewed toward sequels and well known properties and are often kind of useless in actually determining popularity after the season.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
Nothing (new) of interest for me this season. A shame. And JJBA ends like next episode. Sad times.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:27 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't say these are totally useless. Looking at last season's, the top three even of the Japanese poll were three out of 4 of the top rated shows here. Unsurprisingly, ANN readers were more predictive of their own tastes (at the top at least), as Yuri was number four. And for next season, I'd be willing to bet Gintama will be number one, and no less than second. Though to be fair I'm not confident that below that it will be as predictive over here as last season's, though I believe our poll will be more accurate, though I'm not sure how much even for that one. Imperfect for sure, but I wouldn't be so quick to say useless.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:58 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
I wouldn't say these are totally useless. Looking at last season's, the top three even of the Japanese poll were three out of 4 of the top rated shows here. Unsurprisingly, ANN readers were more predictive of their own tastes (at the top at least), as Yuri was number four. And for next season, I'd be willing to bet Gintama will be number one, and no less than second. Though to be fair I'm not confident that below that it will be as predictive over here as last season's, though I believe our poll will be more accurate, though I'm not sure how much even for that one. Imperfect for sure, but I wouldn't be so quick to say useless.

Well, I said "often kind of" useless. But maybe that's even too much of an overstatement. I think they are interesting and can sometimes be predictive, but I think their usefulness is mostly just as a statistic and window into the moment. It's fun to compare them with mid season and end season polls and certainly interesting to compare them to sales numbers and to what ends up getting a sequel. I don't think they are super useful in predicting what is going to be big(other than obvious sequels) or explosive though. It seems like it's a pretty regular occasion for there to be a couple of explosive hits that don't show up on JP anticipated lists. Oddly enough it does seem like those shows are highly anticipated on ANN and everywhere I hang out most of the time. I wonder if that says anything about the fandom culture there..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3