• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gintama is Most Anticipated Anime for Winter 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
So hyped for Gintama. Hope they make it look fabulous and don't skip any arcs.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
@relyat08 I think it comes down to differences in taste in part. Maybe they didn't see Yuri on Ice, but I don't think their number 5 pick, UtaPri's most recent season, is wrong for them , even if it has few fans over here. If anything 5th is likely an underestimate of its popularity in Japan. And looking at this one, while I don't know how it did over there, I would not be surprised if Rakugo was more popular around here than in Japan and the two polls will likely reflect that. Though yeah, comparing the preseason and midseason polls, you do get significant differences frequently. Ultimately it goes to show that even the fans don't frequently predict what will be popular with themselves, aside from sequels of popular series.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
The two series I'm looking forward to most this winter are Little Witch Academia and Dragon Maid. Very Happy

Haven't picked any definitive favorite yet(picked Urara Meirochou tentatively in the ANN poll, we'll see how that turns out...), but looking forward to both of these as well.

Also nicely surprised that LWA will be two cours(split Winter & Summer). Unexpected, but glad nonetheless...
Crystalblade13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Gintama EASILY deserves to top this list. Though for me, it's my most anticipated of the whole year. Gintama, best anime for life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3