• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yūki Tabata's Black Clover Manga Gets TV Anime by Studio Pierrot

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Many of the stuffs of Twin Star Exorcist were made by the original author of the manga, so in some things the anime was ahead of the manga.

You are my man, bro. But please, would you confirm said interview with a link please? I hate when people hate the recent fillers, but they feel more like what you said.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:21 pm Reply with quote
marshmallowpie wrote:
Looking forward to this. Any and all filler is most definitely going to be better written than the actual manga. The only direction Pierrot can take it is up. Like Thorfinn wrote, what it really deserved was Toei, with even less of a budget than poor World Trigger.

Hoping for some ridiculous filler episode completely focused on Charmy. It would also be nice if they put those light novel characters in earlier and more carefully, rather than just having them show up one chapter as if they had always been there.

You are a true man, boy!!!!!!!
Some people don´t want Pierrot or TOEI to adapt this, but think about it:
-This series can become easily a long runnung shonen since its story is simple for kids and casual audiences. Also it can definetely enter into the TV Tokyo program of long running series
-The manga itself isn´t a masterpiece of storytelling, it's like SAO: lots of potential squandered into appealing to the lowest common denominator.
-Fillers can help this series to have some flavor, expanding on the supporting characters(since they are better and more interesting than Asta), and include new storylines for either give some ranking to the Black Bulls, or give more screentime to some other guilds

So come at me bros!!!!

Also, let's make some time to count the good fillers from Pierrot, so we can have a concience that not all fillers are bad
-The Dragon Spot Arc(Twin Star)
-Zanpakuto Rebellion(Bleach)
-Power(Naruto)
-The Kaguya Arc(again Naruto)
-and... well if anyone knows more good fillers to complete the list please
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Studio perroit?! Hoho Prepare the Fillers Boys, if they ruined Twin Stars, they likely gonna mess this up, especially if they going for the "50 eps" run. Heck i dont have much faith in Black Clover being good overall buts lets see...

bUT IN tWIN sTARS, i WOULD HAVE TO WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIT FOREVER to get to know the fricking Guardians already. In the anime they get more screentime. Also, the Sae stuff was decent. And some people say that most of the fillers were suggested from Sukeno himself. How is that ruining?

Also, if it was a faithful adaptation, either it would be a shonen most people would despise because the manga has A LOT of asspulls and some bad narrative choices, and the supposed guardians are mostly cameos up to this point. Or it would be a VERY NICHE product, and I doubt it would do a great boost, since is a monthly manga that does sell slightly over 100,000 copies. I love the series, but I think some of the original additions were good. Then again, people can only see the faithful adaptations that don't add anything to make a series better. That's what an adaptation should do in the first place, for god's sake. No offense
pikabot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:

-Fillers can help this series to have some flavor, expanding on the supporting characters(since they are better and more interesting than Asta), and include new storylines for either give some ranking to the Black Bulls, or give more screentime to some other guilds

And how well has that worked out, historically speaking?
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
pikabot wrote:
SkerllyF wrote:

And how well has that worked out, historically speaking?

Well, I´m gonna say this in a friendly way, but people are so blinded by the "fillers are bad, urghh" argument, that whenever one, for example, dedicates more screentime to a good character in the source material that has no screentime there, people forget this is good

Also, let's make some time to count the good fillers from Pierrot, so we can have a concience that not all of their fillers are bad
-The Dragon Spot Arc(Twin Star)
-Zanpakuto Rebellion(Bleach)
-Power(Naruto)
-The Kaguya Arc(again Naruto)
-and... well if anyone knows more good fillers to complete the list please

If you didn´t like them, I´m ok with that, but if anyone had watched these before, they wouldn´t say that
pikabot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
Okay but even if they were amazing you could only come up with three good fillers out of Naruto and Bleach combined, both of which have a metric ton of filler each.

I'm not saying that there's no such thing as good filler. The Dragonball Z filler where Goku and Piccolo get their driver's licenses is one of the greatest things ever put to paper. But by the law of averages if you have enough filler, eventually you'll wind up with something good. That doesn't mean filler is a good idea.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4