• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Teruzane Utada: Decision 'Not Official Yet' For Hikaru Utada's Kingdom Hearts III Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
And there it is. WOOOO!!!! Good old Papa Utada taking it back as expected whether by fate or chance.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 am Reply with quote
Glad to have some official word on this matter. I wasn't aware that Utada's father had made comment on this back in 2013 discussing a desire for his daughter to contribute another song. All I was aware of was the magazine article he did alongside Utada not long after KHII had come out talking about how they had no plans to ever collaborate with Disney again because "they don't pay." My guess is his "there's no official word" stance has a lot to do with the pay as he feels they were burned the previous two times. I'm certain he'll likely want to ensure that Utada is paid according to her worth and hopefully Disney has no problem with complying. It would be a shame if they weren't able to come to a agreement. Utada's theme music is so deeply threaded through the franchise at this point that any replacement would just not ever be able to live up.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:37 am Reply with quote
Ugh made me lose hope Sad
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a tsundere
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1