• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Stream Fate/Grand Order, Granblue Fantasy Anime on Crunchyroll, Daisuki

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:24 pm Reply with quote
1 week after the fact but 2/3 days before the broadcast... at least it was on time Neutral
shuusei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:27 pm Reply with quote
It's funny that Granblue Fantasy was recently delayed till Spring, yet Aniplex are still calling it a Winter Simulcast. I guess they didn't get the memo.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised Grand Order was even going to be streamed over here. Good to hear.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
One of the nice things about the Crunchy Funi deal is knowing Funi will be dubbing the show, regardless.
Aspiringforce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
First time hearing of Fate Grand Order. Why does the character on the lefts hand look like it has the Code Geass symbol? Are they related somehow?
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Nice, watching First Order's gonna be way easier than I figured.
Aspiringforce wrote:
First time hearing of Fate Grand Order. Why does the character on the lefts hand look like it has the Code Geass symbol? Are they related somehow?

Fate/Grand Order (FGO) is a spinoff of Fate/Stay night. FGO features magus Fujimaru Ritsuka, who is a Master contracted with a Servant. Masters are magicians who summon legendary figures throughout history called Servants to use as familiars. Those red marks are Command Seals, which are clumps of magical energy the Master can use to command the Servant to do something whether they're willing to or not (jump really far, hit a lot harder, kill themselves, etc.).

So since Command Seals can order someone to do something and a Geass can too, then sure, there's an incidental similarity.
Soaringfalco1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Aspiringforce wrote:
No its not related to code geass. The command spells are what gives the master authority between master and servant it's like a pact between master and servant, but like the geass it has its limitations and you can only use it I believe 3 times over the servant;should the servant disobey or in imminent danger.
shuusei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
One of the nice things about the Crunchy Funi deal is knowing Funi will be dubbing the show, regardless.

Aniplex USA are the ones who decide to dub it or not. Since, y'know, they're the ones who licensed it.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
The only one I am sure that will be Bang Zoom dubbed is Fate/Grand Order since it is Fate franchise property and AoA has been consistent in dubbing those.
kotelo_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:41 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

Fate/Grand Order (FGO) is a spinoff of Fate/Stay night. FGO features magus Fujimaru Ritsuka, who is a Master contracted with a Servant. Masters are magicians who summon legendary figures throughout history called Servants to use as familiars. Those red marks are Command Seals, which are clumps of magical energy the Master can use to command the Servant to do something whether they're willing to or not (jump really far, hit a lot harder, kill themselves, etc.).

So since Command Seals can order someone to do something and a Geass can too, then sure, there's an incidental similarity.

>magicians
>command SEALS

yeah, you have the right username
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
>magicians
>command SEALS

Yes yes, magi aren't Magicians/Sorcerers and magecraft isn't Magic/Sorcery, and command spells/mantras aren't command seals.

When it comes to talking to new people, the gist of the situation is more important than the terminology. They'll learn that later.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:40 am Reply with quote
shuusei wrote:
Morry wrote:

Aniplex USA are the ones who decide to dub it or not. Since, y'know, they're the ones who licensed it.

Yeah, these are Aniplex shows that have nothing to do with the Funimation/CR deal. Funi won't have anything to do with their dubbing.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
Haha, Granblue got delayed so they have literally nothing this season, besides blue exorcist 2. I expected them to have the Demi chan thing, but I guess not.
Swartzdemon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this stream will be rewatchable that same day. I won't be able to watch it until probably 11 PM.
Renasviel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:

>magicians
>command SEALS

Seals is actually a perfectly acceptable translation. Just because things like Fate/EXTRA have it localised differently, doesn't make it not an acceptable translation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2