• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood+ episodes 21-25

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Are these episodes available on a standalone DVD, or can they only be found on the rare Part 1 black box collection? I have the Part 2 red box collection that covers episodes 26-50 and I picked up the single volumes 1-4, but noticed that only episodes 1-20 are covered on those sets. Were these five missing episodes just never released (as what I assume would have been DVD part 5) on their own?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I have to assume that a disc 5 with those five episodes was never released. Neither the ANN Encyclopedia nor the Film Afcianado database makes mention of volume 5. Man, that was super cheesy of Sony. It doesn't affect me since I have Part 1 and 2 but I certainly wouldn't have been happy if I had bought the first four volumes to learn that if I wanted 21-25, I'd have to buy all of Part 1. Real dick move.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:11 pm Reply with quote
That and DVDRs, instead of DVDs, are why you should never buy any anime from Sony. I hear from lots of fans that it is hard to completely own the show due to Sony's lackadaisical release. It started out in volumes, but after the 4th one they were probably not getting the sales they wanted to so they switched formats and put out the two sets. However, the quantity of these sets they printed was very low and they ran out quickly and they never made more.

Personally I didn't like Blood+ enough to warrant a purchase and dodged that bullet.
zrdb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I loved the show, set 2 was easy to get-set 1 was damn near impossible to locate but luck was on my side. After much searching I found a mint copy (t shirt included) for about $60 at a local used dvd/bluray/cd store.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1