• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 8 Ghost Bustin' Anime to Keep Spooks Away

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I've always wanted to see both Ghost Sweeper Mikami and Phantom Quest Corps. Still haven't gotten around to purchasing either yet.

I want to see racquetball get a shot at becoming an anime, but I doubt it's even popular or well-known enough for that.

As for the Pokémon results, I only voted because Incineroar is essentially Tiger Mask in monster form. XD
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:56 pm Reply with quote
The sport that needs an Anime adaptation most is Horse Racing especially the Uma Musume Pretty Derpy kind. Very Happy
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Which is the series where the thumbnail come from? Is a Ghostbusters project we don´t know?
redcar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Concerning Ghost Hunt, Mai's fellow psychics aren't classmates, and the majority are adults.

(I wonder if GH and Ghost Stories aren't getting muddled together here.)

There's also the fact that spoiler[Mai doesn't even know she's an esper at first (at least not in the anime)]. It's probably a spoiler to have that in the blurb, if a minor one.

I'm also glad to see Ghost Hunt on here. I first watched it mistakenly while looking for Ghost Stories, but ended up loving it. The English dub is particularly great; in my opinion, Mai is one of Cherami Leigh's best roles. Even though it's basically a mystery series, and the surprise value is no longer there, I end up coming back to it again and again.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I was trying to figure out why I'd never even heard of Ryoko's Case Files, because if I had ever even seen that key art with a description, I'd have at least given it a shot and judging by the clips my quick searching found, it looks right up my alley. Turns out it's an 8 year old, unlicensed show from Doga Kobo. Whom I've personally never heard talked about, but they have worked on a bunch of popular stuff like Umaru-chan, Nozaki-kun and they just did Token Ranbu. I still hope to watch is someday, so thanks for showcasing it!

Once again my favorite Pokemon don't even make the list. Laughing This poll doesn't show if Passimian is in dead last, unlike that Japanese movie website poll did to my favorite Pokemon of all time, Simisear, but I bet it and Oranguru are close if not at the bottom. It's okay pokemonkeys, I love you enough for everyone!
aereus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe he didn't mention Mononoke? Or does it have to be stuff only available physically?
Cetais

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I totally voted for Wrestling.
meruru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
If Natsume's Book of Friends can be on this list, surely the Morose Monokean should also be on here? The two shows are rather similar.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:58 pm Reply with quote
What ever sport reign supreme in the votes, it better be a female-led anime show. Surprised
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Curling. Curling, curling, curling. Yes I'm biased because I curl, but dear lord it would be amazing.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Which is the series where the thumbnail come from? Is a Ghostbusters project we don´t know?

Tokyo ESP That is one part I will not forget. Episode 3 appararently.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:40 am Reply with quote
Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt could be on this list too, though it's more of a different kind of ghost bustin'.
dash56

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:35 am Reply with quote
I would be over the moon happy if a studio ever made a Gymnastics anime. I'd actually like to follow 2 protagonists, male and female.

Also I added Sepak takraw or foot volleyball. If you've never heard of it, do yourself a favor and check out some highlights on youtube. Insane action that's all too perfect for anime.
Showsni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the manga of Ghost Sweeper Mikami, though I haven't seen the anime. Or played the SNES game, though that looks pretty good too. In any case, I'd highly recommend the manga. The way the relationship between the male lead and another character developed was particularly memorable.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:04 am Reply with quote
Beansprout Midget wrote:
Can I say marching band? So much drama, time, and energy is put into it that it is listed as a sport in my current county. Band competitions are super intense and so much goes on, between performing and awards and watching other bands...if it took figure skating years to get Yuri on Ice, then I'll wait even more years for a marching band anime.
Poor forgotten Ginban Kaleidoscope. Yeah, I haven't watched it either, but it did come out more than 10 years earlier than YoI.

As for marching band, the fifth episode of the first season of Sound! Euphonium has the band take part in a non-competitive marching festival, while the original novel series has a spinoff series taking place at a school with a strong marching band (based on this school). No word of the spinoff getting adapted yet though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3