• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Saga of Tanya the Evil, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Hand S

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Funimation sure is dubbing a lot of great shows for the winter 2017 simulcast. Very Happy
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I hope they get Gabriel Dropout too. Seems like it would be a nice show for Funi to dub.

Gabriel will be an instant Blu-ray buy for me, when the day comes. That much a fan of the series.

As for the season itself, it's been a long while since I've had this many things to watch:

Gabriel Dropout
Masamune
Demi-chan
Konosuba
Kobayashi
Little Witch Academia
Genroku Rakugo

And those are just the ones off the top of my head. Admittedly, they are all more or less the same genre, except for one, but hey last season I was left with only 3 series to watch, so I'll take it. I'm sure there will probably be another series or two that'll get my attention, as well.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy that there's going to be simuldubs for 4/5 of the new Winter shows I'm looking forward to.
Hopefully they'll announce a elDLIVE dub later on!
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I hope they get Gabriel Dropout too. Seems like it would be a nice show for Funi to dub.

There's not gonna be a Simuldub of Gabriel Dropout since Funi would've announced it when Crunchyroll announced they're simulcasting it.

It may be because the audience it appeals to has almost 100% overlap with the audience that Maid Dragon appeals to, so they only chose one to dub.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
I'm so happy that there's going to be simuldubs for 4/5 of the new Winter shows I'm looking forward to.
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

There's not gonna be a Simuldub of Gabriel Dropout since Funi would've announced it when Crunchyroll announced they're simulcasting it.

It may be because the audience it appeals to has almost 100% overlap with the audience that Maid Dragon appeals to, so they only chose one to dub.

You never know. They did say they had more announcements to make. I'll just wait and see.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:19 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I was wondering when we were gonna know who was streaming what, got worried for a second there.

But dam, Funi already got a dub date for these shows, I didn't know they were banking on it that much.

Uh yeah, that's the only thing they get these days. Their CR masters won't even allow them to host subs along with the dubs weeks later.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Not impressed with this lineup whatsoever. All I see is a magical wannabe "war drama" made for edgelords (sadly its the best of the lineup), a moe slice-of-nothing impactful ever happens that will sell by its "cute" monster girl, a loli battle series that will have great production values and a terrible script whose premise made its credibility below 0, a forgettable comedic and revenge story (second best title since it's simple and may actually be funny), a mere video game adaptation that's pro-escapism, and a continuation of Zestiria; a prime example of Ufotable wasting their talent on video game series.

What I would like to see are news on ACCA 13, Onihei, Gintama, and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2. Those to me are the real contenders of thise (the first 2 might be disappointing despite their potential so my expectations are low). Little Witch Academia looks great too but since Netflix licensed it I'll wait till the end of the season.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
I was wondering when we were gonna know who was streaming what, got worried for a second there.

But dam, Funi already got a dub date for these shows, I didn't know they were banking on it that much.

Uh yeah, that's the only thing they get these days. Their CR masters won't even allow them to host subs along with the dubs weeks later.

no funi is cr master
xMemorie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Just waiting for ACCA, Onihei and Rakugo 2 to be announced.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else notice they haven't announced Chaos;Child? I would think they would seeing that they have Chaos;Head, but nothing for this one.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Kon'Doriano wrote:
Not impressed with this lineup whatsoever. All I see is a magical wannabe "war drama" made for edgelords (sadly its the best of the lineup), a moe slice-of-nothing impactful ever happens that will sell by its "cute" monster girl, a loli battle series that will have great production values and a terrible script whose premise made its credibility below 0, a forgettable comedic and revenge story (second best title since it's simple and may actually be funny), a mere video game adaptation that's pro-escapism, and a continuation of Zestiria; a prime example of Ufotable wasting their talent on video game series.

What I would like to see are news on ACCA 13, Onihei, Gintama, and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2. Those to me are the real contenders of thise (the first 2 might be disappointing despite their potential so my expectations are low). Little Witch Academia looks great too but since Netflix licensed it I'll wait till the end of the season.

Crunchy Roll is going to dub Gintama it was already announced.
mbanu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:51 am Reply with quote
xMemorie wrote:
Just waiting for ACCA, Onihei and Rakugo 2 to be announced.

The silence on ACCA makes me think Funimation and Crunchyroll don't have it -- maybe it will end up on Daisuki?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:47 am Reply with quote
I am anticipating them or Funimation simulcasting "Fuuka", the anime I am looking forward to most this season.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:18 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Honestly, I'm not very impressed with this lineup at all. Maybe it's just the sheer amount of continuing shows, or the season is just underwhelming overall, or maybe I was just hoping for more older Crunchyroll shows (specifically Re:Zero) like last season had, I don't know. But if this is it, I was really wanting more.

Also I wasn't credited for the news tip - again.

it says they'll announce more soon so i can still happen
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Saga looks potentially cool and didn't realize they got Hand Shakers (hope it's good), nice.

penguintruth wrote:
I can't make heads or tails of that Tanya the Evil show. Is it a moe loli show? A brutal war drama? Both? I get sort of a Hellsing-like vibe from the trailer. I must admit, I'm somewhat interested to see what they're doing with that.

Yeah, the trailer is really nice.

Blankslate wrote:

Yeah, I hope they do that one.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

no funi is cr master

Almost definitely not. CR has much bigger investors behind it than Funimation. Not to mention, CR's licensing efforts were still going well even without Funi. Fun's streaming business wasn't doing nearly as well, especially after they lost the ad revenue from Hulu when they went to being a totally pay site.

It's a partnership. Don't read too much into it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2