• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film's English Dub Clip Shows Yugi, Téa

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
zunderdog24 wrote:
has yugi banged tea yet?

Not in the 4kids version.

So I take it he still has that mark on his hand that sealed him in the friend zone... poor yugi.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:16 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
I guess with the replacement score, the best we can hope for is a Pokémon 3: Spell of the Unown quality dub? Despite the replacement score, the script of that movie was really well handled.

The good news is they brought back the composer of the original series dub for the movie, so the dub score should be of a better caliber than what Arc-V is currently getting. The downside is 4Kids never treated Yu-Gi-Oh's movie scripts as well as they did Pokemon.

SaiyamanMS wrote:
Speaking of the dubs of the previous Yu-Gi-Oh! movies though, wasn't the English dub of Pyramid of Light the original version of that film?

The English version came out first, but there was still a Japanese version of it. Interestingly, the Japanese release of the film had an additional 11 minutes worth of content, in addition to a stronger script and different music.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:39 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
No, Anzu and Yugi are just friends. Romance isn't much of a focus in the franchise. What little there is is usually one sided and unrequited like Yusei/Aki and Yuma/Kotori. In DM its more complicated because Anzu only liked Atem, but friendzoned Yugi.

Actually in the manga, Anzu had developed a crush on Atem for the majority of the series and eventually started falling for Yugi as well. This caused her to feel confusion for whom she truly loved as the "real Yugi". However as the manga started to focus more on the trading card game, this storyline's focus started to be less focused on starting from Duelist Kingdom Arc and later.

The anime dropped hints implying that Anzu had developed a crush on Atem throughout the span of the series, including some anime-only arcs where she developed jealousy from arc-exclusive female characters crushing on Yugi. But again, this is not a major focus of the series since it was more focused on the trading card game.

As for my thoughts on the movie premise, Kaiba seriously needs a new hobby if he's become this obsessed with dueling Atem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Southkaio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:09 pm Reply with quote
All of the voice actors from 4Kids' Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters dub are back for the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie? That makes no sense because some of them are retired from the voice acting business for good.
Do you remember Xiaolin Chronicles, a French animated show based on Xiaolin Showdown? Every single character in Chronicles has a voice very different from the one in Showdown. The only exceptions are Tara Strong as Omi and Jennifer Hale as Katnappe.
The original voice cast of the 1987 TMNT animated show was going to reprise the roles for 4Kids' Turtles Forever, but that didn't happen. Besides, I strongly believed that the original voice cast of The Powerpuff Girls will reprise the roles for Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z. In the end, we got recasts by a different voice acting pool. This is probably the reason why Xiaolin Chronicles characters have very different voices from the ones in Xiaolin Showdown.
I believe that NYAV Post's dubbing studios in Los Angeles and New York City are behind the new Yu-Gi-Oh! movie by 4K Media, Inc. How about that?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:12 am Reply with quote
The Yusei and Aki pairing was not one-sided. The last episode of 5D's was evidence of this. Ggultra2764, I think she had feelings for Yugi from the start but they were just stronger for Atem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2