• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Witchblade Manga in February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Sounds good to me. Now for the ooey gooey stuff that makes this artist so famous. I really want to get a good look at the one that 'Kuzasa Sumita' will be illustrating. While his art is good the question is will the story be any good.

Now the next question is, will they publish the other manga by illustrated by the anime character designer, 'Uno Makoto'? Surprised

Last edited by Chrno2 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Key

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote
And will either be up to the sexy standards of the original Witchblade artists?

Ennnh, I'm really more concerned about the quality of the storytelling in them. Witchblade can get way weird, but it's usually had pretty good writing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And will either be up to the sexy standards of the original Witchblade artists?

Ennnh, I'm really more concerned about the quality of the storytelling in them. Witchblade can get way weird, but it's usually had pretty good writing.

I doubt it. Fanboys are going to denounce anything that isn't drawn by Michael Turner (I can't stand that era of comic art but I've always found Turner's stuff to be mighty purdy), though they'll still probobly buy it . I never was a fan of the series and as much as this duel release thing intrigues me I probobly won't pick it up.
Just a Pilgrim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how successful the Top Cow version will be among "our kind". Personally if it ain't in the Japanese format I am generally not interested (exceptions being Tokyopop, though it irritates me and Shirow's works). Basically I'm gonna wait for the Bandai version - B/W and unflipped.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Just a Pilgrim wrote:
I wonder how successful the Top Cow version will be among "our kind". Personally if it ain't in the Japanese format I am generally not interested (exceptions being Tokyopop, though it irritates me and Shirow's works). Basically I'm gonna wait for the Bandai version - B/W and unflipped.

Probobly very little success. Most manga fans treat work that is flipped and colored (in other words "western") like the plague just like many superhero readers would never read manga.
Nightfall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote
All I'm curious about is how did the blade transfer from Sara to this girl... I guess I'll have to start reading up on my Witchblade info.

In the mean time, got something else to go along with Shadows of Spawn manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Key

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Nightfall wrote:
All I'm curious about is how did the blade transfer from Sara to this girl... I guess I'll have to start reading up on my Witchblade info.

Actually, in the mainline comic book the Witchblade is in the process of being transferred away from Sara Pezzini; the last 2-3 issues have been setting it up, and it looks like it may happen next issue. (Because Sara spoiler[is pregnant - and no, neither we nor she knows how.])

Given the time differential betweent he comic book and the anime series, I don't think transfering the Witchblade to a new wielder is going to be an issue. It's been on so many others in flashbacks and one-shots as it is. (Hell, Wonder Woman even once briefly wielded it, and it drove her crazy.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Alaskan Assassin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:11 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Nightfall wrote:

Actually, in the mainline comic book the Witchblade is in the process of being transferred away from Sara Pezzini; the last 2-3 issues have been setting it up, and it looks like it may happen next issue. (Because Sara spoiler[is pregnant - and no, neither we nor she knows how.])

Given the time differential betweent he comic book and the anime series, I don't think transfering the Witchblade to a new wielder is going to be an issue. It's been on so many others in flashbacks and one-shots as it is. (Hell, Wonder Woman even once briefly wielded it, and it drove her crazy.)

I find the transfer quite refershing. It'll open up some nice new storylines. I just hope that the writers won't do a hackjob on it. It would be gravy if Ian Churchill did the penciling. I love his work. At best, top cow could do a oneshot graphic novel for Masane.

Back to topic... Razz
I honestly follow **very very little manga** I'm just not hardcore that way. I've also don't followed art very much in manga or american comics for that matter (aside from the few exceptions). However, do my best to follow writers. I really enjoy the muthos of the witchblade and I can't wait til the new one comes out. I'll probably get an issue or two of the flipped fully coloured version. I'll commit to the digest format thou, I don't want to wait when reading. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1