• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Searching for "The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún" not working right

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:27 pm Reply with quote
If you search for "The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún" in the main ANN search field, and press return or choose "anywhere on the site", the search results don't include the main encyclopedia page, but do include other encyclopedia pages.

However, if you search for "The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún" in the main search field, and choose "in the encyclopedia", the search results have a link to the main encyclopedia page first.

By the way, the main encyclopedia page is the following page.

The Girl From the Other Side: Siúil, a Rún (GN 1):
release#32459
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I believe this has been addressed before:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4794736#4794736
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4830044#4830044

Given that we are only just in "next year", it will probably still be a while before we see any change. I've just got into the habit of selecting "in the encyclopedia" when searching do don't really notice it any more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1