• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon U.S. Adds Placeholder Pages for Scum's Wish, Onihei, The Great Passage Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Why could other countries get these shows with their Prime memberships yet Americans have to pay another $5/month? Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chaccide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I wrote Amazon and they replied:

Quote:
I understand your concern regarding the pricing of the season pass. The main reason behind this is due to contractual restrictions and based on content provider discretion. From the perspective of a service provider, it is certainly not something that we would want for our loyal paying customers.

However, I’m sure you will understand that it is not Amazon who has taken this decision but something that we receive from content provider/producer’s end.

Having said this, strong feedback from customers like you be certainly valuable for us.

Strong feedback is valuable. I suggest offering it.
darkdeath174

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
How about the 3 Nanoha series?

Yup, those and all their other Anime was there when they launched their streaming portal for other counties.
Chii85

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Is Lyrica Nanoha StrikerS dub? Because on Amazon it is listed as English language.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:12 pm Reply with quote
smokeyjoey8 wrote:
I hope Aniplex's existing license of Saekano 2 makes it exempt from the Noitamina Amazon deal.

FCC isn't the licensor for all noitaminA titles. Back when they did two shows a season it was 50/50 (e.g. back when Funimation had a deal for noitaminA titles they got Fractale through FCC while CR got Wandering Son from Aniplex). I'm not sure how it breaks down now, but Crunchyroll got Saekano via Aniplex rather than FCC so it will probably be the same for the sequel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2