• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The Devil Is a Part-Timer! Novel 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote
That Lord of the Fries thing cracked me up when I first read it
Slashman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Any chance of a second season of the anime? Sad
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
Any chance of a second season of the anime? Sad

Funny you say that, The author notes in this book are about the first season of the anime coming out soon. The anime only covers the first two books and there have been 12 books that came out after this one with more to come. So that fact alone kinda killed all of my hopes for a second season.

I really liked reading this review, this is my second favorite book in the series (the third is my favorite). My favorite aspect was how the characters resolved the main conflict of the book. spoiler[Chiho's dialogue about world domination through relationships is both funny and epic in it's own right. ] The new additions of the cast were pretty great to read about as well. Erone is a cute new character and I think Farfecnuken, I mean Farfollow, or was it Frankenberry? Anyway Japanese Clark Kent was fun in every scene, he appeared in.

It's nice to see how much the characters have grown over their time together and I look forward to the new novel in April.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I found the humor in this novel to be just as grating as before - which is more of a complaint about the series in general than about the book itself - but the whole talk of coffee and Kisaki getting so much attention really tired me. Maou and Chi have a good rapport (but they do have to make the bad joke at the end with Maou's 'proposal'), but I can't say I really like the angelic plot much, this including whatever Emilia's mother was up to... ever. It's all so contrived and honestly just seems like an excuse for some really weird conflict. The demon's side seems much more straightforward and is generally a lot more entertaining, too. Maou's 'confrontation' and argumenting were great, as was Chi in that scene.

This series has a lot I like but also a lot I really dislike, and unfortunately 6 novels in there still hasn't been one to tip it to one side, so I can at least make a choice about leaving it or keeping it.
Slashman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:38 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I found the humor in this novel to be just as grating as before - which is more of a complaint about the series in general than about the book itself - but the whole talk of coffee and Kisaki getting so much attention really tired me. Maou and Chi have a good rapport (but they do have to make the bad joke at the end with Maou's 'proposal'), but I can't say I really like the angelic plot much, this including whatever Emilia's mother was up to... ever. It's all so contrived and honestly just seems like an excuse for some really weird conflict. The demon's side seems much more straightforward and is generally a lot more entertaining, too. Maou's 'confrontation' and argumenting were great, as was Chi in that scene.

This series has a lot I like but also a lot I really dislike, and unfortunately 6 novels in there still hasn't been one to tip it to one side, so I can at least make a choice about leaving it or keeping it.

Wow. Your name. Apt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1