• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Shimoneta

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke's Yu-Gi-Oh! Channel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Just about the funniest anime I have ever seen.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I liked Shimoneta, but saddened by the fact it was Miyu Matsuki's final show before her way too premature death so even if they'd made a second series they'd have had to recast Anna and it wouldn't be the same.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:02 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
trunkschan90 wrote:
Does anybody know if this Attack on Titan Season 1 boxsetis Blu-ray only or is it a combo?

The ones linked to from the article are Blu-ray only.

Based on the listings at Amazon, it appears at present you would still have to go with the part 1 & 2 boxsets to get a disc combo.

There is a complete season 1 combo pack, but it's exclusively sold by Funimation:
https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/attack-on-titan-complete-season-one-bddvd-combo-funcom-exclusive-bld-00357/
trilaan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:35 pm Reply with quote
What gets my goat is that Shimoneta isn't really about humor at all, it's about sexual perversion. in a way that I disagree with.
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
I ask for it because I got to watch a raw uncensored version of it once, I think it was from the first JP BD volume (it was the first episode), even during the dirty punchline. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember well.

Everything that was uncensored in that BD volume will be uncensored on FUNimation's release.

The dub is nowhere near as dirty as it could have been; there's a lot of PG-13 jokes where the joke is simply "dick". There were six F-words and two uses of that C-word in the entire dub (I was impressed they even went there). Solidly entertaining series, would recommend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
chito895 wrote:
I ask for it because I got to watch a raw uncensored version of it once, I think it was from the first JP BD volume (it was the first episode), even during the dirty punchline. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember well.

Everything that was uncensored in that BD volume will be uncensored on FUNimation's release.

The dub is nowhere near as dirty as it could have been; there's a lot of PG-13 jokes where the joke is simply "dick". There were six F-words and two uses of that C-word in the entire dub (I was impressed they even went there). Solidly entertaining series, would recommend.

that because they rarely used go down the massive foul mouth tirade to series that are TV MA. unless it sounds natural to the VA , there are times it might sound a little too forced and sounds like their too uncomfortable with those lines. one primary example was how the dub version of deadman wonderland sounded. while some characters sounded natural with their potty mouths, especially seiji, others not so much. they could have easily have done it their adult swim version of crayon shin chan , but didn't. so while they could have made it more dirty than a HBO sitcom, they made the right choice on toning it down a notch. not every TV-MA have to have none stop F bombs ala black lagoon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
What gets my goat is that Shimoneta isn't really about humor at all, it's about sexual perversion. in a way that I disagree with.

I've been trying to phrase my complaints and feelings about this show and why I keep getting stuck watching the series when one of the characters turns psycho sexual predator and this puts my feelings to words more succinctly than I ever could.

Yamada's First Time is a sex comedy, Shimoneta isn't. If anything, it should be a horror story rather than a comedy. At least that way I could find some entertainment in it.
SejinPK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:

I haven't seen Shimoneta, but from what I've heard it seems like it might be at least somewhat enjoyable to me. I'm also interested in the social commentary aspect of it. So, I was wondering if you could elaborate on how the show is about sexual perversion, and what it is about how the show deals with it that you disagree with?
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
SejinPK wrote:
trilaan wrote:

I haven't seen Shimoneta, but from what I've heard it seems like it might be at least somewhat enjoyable to me. I'm also interested in the social commentary aspect of it. So, I was wondering if you could elaborate on how the show is about sexual perversion, and what it is about how the show deals with it that you disagree with?

You should just watch it for yourself and find out. Just know going in that its going to be strange whether thats good or bad is up to you. For me it was a good thing I enjoyed the show and for trilaan it was a bad thing. Although I will say if you enjoy good revolution shows such as code geass and the heroic legend of arslan then you most definitely will enjoy the SOX revolution.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2