• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Charlotte Blu-Ray 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

If Yuu had sat down with all his victims and offered them his services and gave them the choice, you would be absolutely right.

Considering there were THOUSANDS of them, do you think he would have had the time to do that!?

Quote:
So it was for Yuu's purposes, not his victims..

How?

How was he doing it for his own personal gain? He couldn't even remember WHY he was doing it by the end!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Considering there were THOUSANDS of them, do you think he would have had the time to do that!?

Throughout history evil men and women have justified their evil actions as if from a position of superiority.

Was it alright for the government to forcible sterilize countless men and women in the name of Eugenics for the betterment of society. They supposedly did it for enlightened purposes, much like what you are claiming Yuu did it.

Chiibi wrote:
How?

How was he doing it for his own personal gain? He couldn't even remember WHY he was doing it by the end!

I didn't say he was doing this for his own personal gain, but for his own purposes. He decided what he was going to do, and didn't care if his victims thought otherwise. Yuu bears the responsibility for his actions, not his victims.

And it is not his victim's fault that Yuu's actions caused Yuu's memory problems.

Nobody should feel sorry for Yuu. He is the villain at the end of the day.

If this was reality, most people wouldn't want Yuu forcibly deciding for them. They would want the CHOICE.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:26 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Was it alright for the government to forcible sterilize countless men and women in the name of Eugenics for the betterment of society. They supposedly did it for enlightened purposes, much like what you are claiming Yuu did it.

"Enlightened purposes"?

This is about saving peaceful lives here.

Quote:
Nobody should feel sorry for Yuu. He is the villain at the end of the day.

No, he is not and you are being ridiculous. Rolling Eyes Your argument amounts to "Yuu took a flame-thrower from a little child so he's a villain. Never mind that it saved the child's life, HE'S BAD CAUSE HE STOLE IT. AND STEALING IS BAD."

That is what your argument sounds like. Power is dangerous. People who don't know how to control it, should not have it. And lot of those kids didn't. His sister couldn't which resulted in spoiler[her own death.] He couldn't very well sit down each teenager and interview them like "So, do you think you can handle it?" No, there was no time for that.

Like I said, the hunters would have all caught them eventually and made their situation much worse.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, if you have no problem with people taking things away from you without permission, that's on you. I do have a problem with that.

Nothing more for me to say.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4