• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Goku Voice Actress Masako Nozawa Earns 2 Guinness World Records

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
At least 15? Try 10. Kana Ueda first voiced Kohaku in 2003, 14 years ago and just a few months later she started voicing Tohsaka Rin. It might not seem like it, but it's been quite a few years since.

The first one is not relevant to this record at all since she was in the anime series only. Naoko Takano is the official voice for Kohaku and she actually started earlier (2002) and in a game (Melty Blood).

Yeah, legit forgot about Naoko tho for some reason i thought Melty was more recent.. At the very least older than F/SN. That said, with it being kind of a spin-off to Tsukihime, it's to be expected. I was probably thinking about the more recent versions.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:50 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Masako Nozawa is still the definitive Son Goku voice to me. Congratulations!

To me, she is his definitive voice until he became an adult. Even if he is supposed to dumb and childish, that doesn't necessarily justify having a 30+ alien with an old woman's voice (even if the creator had it in mind).
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:07 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I wonder if anyone who supplied voice samples (i.e. "Get Ready", "Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!", "Find the Miracle Balls", "Rise from your grave!") for 1980s Sega arcade games is still working in the voiceover industry or do short voice samples not really count as "voice acting"?

Although I have a sneaking suspicion that those early voice samples might not have been supplied by professional voice actors but, rather, by whomever on the development team could speak English the most clearly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

To me, she is his definitive voice until he became an adult. Even if he is supposed to dumb and childish, that doesn't necessarily justify having a 30+ alien with an old woman's voice (even if the creator had it in mind).

By the same token Goku shouldn't sound like....well what Schemmel sounds like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2