• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinkai's 'your name.' Drops to #3 in Box Office, In This Corner of the World to #9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rednimue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:52 am Reply with quote
Come on, 1.65 more billion ... They need to do some kind of special event for Valentine's Day !
theConundrumm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:47 am Reply with quote
we went and saw 'your name' a few weeks back. the cinema had 36 seats.
Kyjin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
Not surprised it's dropping; I feel like most people who would want to see it have seen it by now. I went back and saw it again in November (initially saw it in September), but no need to see it a third time. I'm also curious how many people they pulled in just because it was airing with subtitles. I know there are plenty of English-speakers in Tokyo who might prefer that version...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Kyjin wrote:
Not surprised it's dropping; I feel like most people who would want to see it have seen it by now. I went back and saw it again in November (initially saw it in September), but no need to see it a third time. I'm also curious how many people they pulled in just because it was airing with subtitles. I know there are plenty of English-speakers in Tokyo who might prefer that version...

It had already dropped multiple weeks before last, yet it still managed to shoot back up to number one. I wouldn't be surprised if it manages to do it again. The film's box office performance is practically unpredictable at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1