Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Transformers Phone Crowdfunding Campaign Raises 10x Its Goal in 2 Days




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Topgunguy



Joined: 08 Dec 2015
Posts: 258
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Man, Transformers news has been really dull. Can't help but feel the franchise is dead. I don't get why they think making toys that transform into mobile phones is awesome. I wouldn't add that useless gimmick to collection.

Why can't they just go back to its simplicity. Robots with emotions fighting an intergalactic civil war. Both sides having characters with rough edges and noble attributes. And better looking robots (Armada Optimus Prime is so awesome!)

Nah, screw that. We need to make them more organic to be more identifiable. Now they blink and can show more facial expressions and emotions. Now they have 'hair styles' and bleed and piss oil apparently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Afezeria



Joined: 20 Aug 2015
Posts: 817
Location: Malaysia, Kuantan.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Because other people don't think like you and just wanna have fun, bruh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emerje



Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 6959
Location: Maine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
Man, Transformers news has been really dull. Can't help but feel the franchise is dead. I don't get why they think making toys that transform into mobile phones is awesome. I wouldn't add that useless gimmick to collection.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The phones are just an extension of the oddball transforming figures they've been doing for a long time now including official Nike sneakers, working MP3 players and speaker docks, working USB drives, working earphones, working USB hub, working PC mouse, ice cream bars, hats, official Playstation and Megadrive/Genesis (both) consoles, among other things. Phones really aren't much different.

Quote:
Why can't they just go back to its simplicity. Robots with emotions fighting an intergalactic civil war. Both sides having characters with rough edges and noble attributes. And better looking robots (Armada Optimus Prime is so awesome!)

They've never stopped making stuff like that. Armada gave way to Energon, then Cybertron, then Classics, Animated, Universe, Prime, Generations, RID2015, Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and so on. In fact they've (Hasbro and Takara Tomy) recently remade Armada Hot Shot, Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Thrust with Tidal Wave expected later in the year.

Quote:
Nah, screw that. We need to make them more organic to be more identifiable. Now they blink and can show more facial expressions and emotions. Now they have 'hair styles' and bleed and piss oil apparently.

Those are their own thing and those toy lines don't interfere with the regular toy lines.

Emerje
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gustavo Woltmann



Joined: 05 Feb 2017
Posts: 15
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
It looks simple but has caught my attention, I hope someday to have it in my hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 13091
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:20 am Reply with quote
Finally, a proper fork that can also be used for self-defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group