• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Now We're Having Fun

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:41 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Iafter FUNimation had already broken their "must dub everything" stance.

For Funimation, they have something like 15-20+ anime releases as sub-only. I really wished they dubbed "Omamori Himari" because Himari would be right Alexis Tipton's ally. Also, since the anime had fair sales in Japan and the manga sold well here, I wonder why that decision was made.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
Because its 10 years old and and no longer relevent
Joe anime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Damn it, Funimation. You licensed Outlaw Star and Speed Racer ages ago, either sh** or get off the pot. This is even worse than Sentai's LoGH hold up. Don't even announce a license until you have the material and have worked on it somewhat. If you can't handle the project, give it to a licensor who is capable of giving it their time. If the Japanese companies don't give you the materials, drop it, and tell us you've dropped it, rather than leaving the fans in suspense. Otherwise, don't come onto a show like this with so little to say.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have some big grudge. Most of my anime collection now is Funimation releases and I imagine more will be in the future. But the lack of information here is irritating.

So you expect them to say every month,we're working on it?don't know if you noticed,but FUNimation has been releasing Bandai's animes slowly but surely.is patience too much for you?that's what it looks like.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:

So you expect them to say every month,we're working on it?don't know if you noticed,but FUNimation has been releasing Bandai's animes slowly but surely.is patience too much for you?that's what it looks like.

I expect them to not string the fans along for years. It's not asking for much at all and is well within their power.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
And I dont think they would want to intentionally do that. but its slowly looking more and more like Sunrise got paid, so they are no longer motivated to find these shows in whatever storage area they have been dumped in and send the masters to Flower Mound. So we are all SOL until someone over there finally cares enough to actually do something productive
Joe anime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:55 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Joe anime wrote:

I expect them to not string the fans along for years. It's not asking for much at all and is well within their power.

FUNimation IS NOT stringing fans along,they can't do anything unless they get materials from Sunrise.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
And I dont think they would want to intentionally do that. but its slowly looking more and more like Sunrise got paid, so they are no longer motivated to find these shows in whatever storage area they have been dumped in and send the masters to Flower Mound. So we are all SOL until someone over there finally cares enough to actually do something productive

No,FUNimation wouldn't intentionally do that.Wolf's Rain was just released this week,so whatever was in storage is being released.Patience is a must.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:37 am Reply with quote
eyevocal wrote:
Fair enough that not everybody who works at Funimation would be able to answer questions about how well one title or the other sold, since that's not their department, but you'd think that they'd know by now that they're going to be asked about that by Zac/the Twitter questioners at several points when they come on the 'cast. So why don't they bring on one of their staff who can say with authority that this title or the other did gangbusters, great, all right, uhhh...? Of course, that doesn't mean they have to disclose sensitive numbers; they just have to be able to prevent those frustrating "I don't know"s.
Yes thank you. I typically enjoy these industry episodes but I was so frustrated with how many times the guests said "I don't know" to Zac's questions. The guests seemed woefully unprepared to answer even a lot of basic questions from Zac that they should have expected and the corporate spin in this interview seemed rather obvious to me at certain points.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2