• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Wake Up, Girl Zoo! Net Anime Short Moves Setting to Taiwan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:53 am Reply with quote
Well, that's unexpected. Part of the point of the original Wake Up, Girls was setting it in Sendai after the tsunami.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
So would that mean the new Wake Up Girls series is being funded in part by Taiwan? Otherwise, it's kind of random.

I tried watching the first movie and it was one of the most barely animated "movies" I've ever seen. I gave up after the two minute single file walking scene which put 70s Hanna Barbara tv shows in a good light. So the most important thing for the new series is that the budget gets replaced, hopefully with something resembling money.

So, yeah, outside funding for its own Wake Up Girls franchise?

And is that girl supposed to be a Great White shark? Anyway, it looks more like she's being eaten so, uh, wow...

It/she even looks like the Jaws cover/movie poster from the front. And it probably looks a lot more interesting than it actually is.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
She's supposed to be a shark, not sure on what type of shark exactly.

WUG Zoo was a lot of fun because the show was rather self-deprecating and didn't at all seem like an idol show. From jokes about cost-saving measures to parodies of dating sims to even some outright blunt remarks at the girl(s) expense it was an entertaining 3 minutes each episode (always with a silly dance at the end too). Looking forward to more WUG Zoo and WUG itself.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:01 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So would that mean the new Wake Up Girls series is being funded in part by Taiwan? Otherwise, it's kind of random.

gto 2012 also has a taiwan arc complete with onizuka being unable to speak the local language, so well,it's weird because there are not many examples.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1