• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Lists Castlevania Series for This Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:00 am Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
If warren ellis is writing then this cartoon will be garbage. Anyone remenber all those shitty Marvel animes?

As ovverrated as I find Ellis, he only did outlines for them and expressed disappointment with a lot of the final products.

Me personally, I wish they had just made the X-Men anime 52 episodes instead of the Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade ones.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:11 pm Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
If warren ellis is writing then this cartoon will be garbage. Anyone remenber all those shitty Marvel animes?

Who said anything that his writing will be akin to Marvel anime? Ellis is noted for his work on The Authority, Transmetropolitan, and Planetary, all critically acclaimed graphic novels. I think those alone should help give this series a fair chance unless you personally despise Ellis.
3ngag3 wrote:
Wait, Adi Shankar? Wasn't he the guy behind that tryhard gritty Power Rangers fan thing with James VanDerbeek that Saban got all butthurt over?

The same. As for your comment over Saban being butthurt, Saban owns full rights to Power Rangers in the west and was perfectly within them to take action against Shankar for his non-permissive use of copyrighted characters. If you're going to dismiss Saban's actions as being "butthurt", then you clearly need to brush up on your reading of copyright law and grow up.

Last edited by KabaKabaFruit on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
redranger wrote:

Sure. I also remember that he wrote some of the best superhero comics ever (everyone should read Planetary) as well as arguably the best episode of Justice League Unlimited.

He didn't have much input on the Marvel animes, a fact he's complained about before. All he did was draw up the basic plot outlines for each series, which the writers were free to ignore if they wanted.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, since I'm big Castlevania fan and hope for a new game in the series one day, so I'm kinda am looking forward to this.
doomydoomdoom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmmm.........well, we'll see.........
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2