• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BPO Publishes Viewer Complaint About Scum's Wish Kiss Scene

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
They aren't so much of a dumbass but rather than being someone with teachings that you aren't familiar with, and to immediately considers that others with such thought should probably be out of the picture is nonetheless not admirable.

I AM actually INCREDIBLY familiar with the type of people who harbor those beliefs here actually. I grew up in an ultra conservative family where it was a sin for women to wear pants, kissing before marriage was treated like very serious adultery, and saying "crap" resulted in being whipped and locked in the basement for several hours. Maybe not everyone with those types of beliefs is as close-minded as the ultra conservative group that I was forcibly a part of, but sex-negative views are inherently bad in my opinion. So yes, anyone who thinks that you shouldn't portray sexual intimacy in a piece of media is a dumbass(at best) and MUCH MUCH worse, in many cases.
Also I don't know what about my comment made you think I want them "out of the picture"? I just don't want them to be so close-minded.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3