• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saga of Tanya the Evil Anime to Air Recap Instead of Episode 7 This Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I blame "Being X" for this ... you bastard!
Key

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
^
Heh. Yeah, he probably did have something to do with it. Would be amusing to see them casting the recap episode in that light.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fhoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Parsifal24 wrote:
As long as this doesn't end up like what happened with Log riders I'll be fine. I mean even 3-gatsu no Lion had a recap episode of the first 11 episodes and that was made by Studio Shaft.

Shaft is infamous for falling behind in production, missing deadlines, and fixing things in the physical release though.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Can't complain about the animation quality, so I can put up with a delay. Hopefully, they make the recap episode funny.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Heh. Yeah, he probably did have something to do with it. Would be amusing to see them casting the recap episode in that light.

I would prefer Tanya verbally abusing the earthly culprits.
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Key wrote:

I would prefer Tanya verbally abusing the earthly culprits.

+1 to that.
Kidkidd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I came here for aoi yuuki, if this is old clips with new audio from her then i can live with it.

Still best show of the season for me, hoping it continues to hold up this pace after the break.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
Are Crunchyroll skipping it? It's not in their schedule for today or tomorrow (only ep 6 going up for non-subscribers)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 am Reply with quote
I'm not seeing any indication at this point that CR intends to stream it. But we'll see if it shows up late tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
Historically, CR normally runs recap episodes, I doubt this will be any different despite the current lack of official mention. After all, even recapped Tanya-chan is better than NO Tanya-chan.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote
I think that the new episdoes don't always show up on the schedule thing. It'll say something like "No new episode this week" on the show's page if they won't air the recap.

Edit: Bleh, the episode 6.5 is now available on CR
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:02 am Reply with quote
Cant remember something I watched a couple of years back, was it God Eater? had 3 recap episodes out of the 12 episode series length.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
Watching the recap episode once more drove home to me an issue I've already raised in the series discussion thread but which still bothers me. In episode 2, it was clearly established that the salaryman who would be reborn as Tanya was very much, in the corporate sense, a "don't rock the boat" kind of guy. In fact, he specifically said it was "easy" to follow company rules and that by doing so, he would be sure to be on the track to a good position and have an easy life. As Tanya, we see him constantly scheming for a cushy, safe, rare echelon existence.

So for me, Tanya's repeated defiance of Being X seems like contradictory behaviour. Here is a person constitutionally designed to "get along to get ahead" and yet he/she is butting heads with an entity who, quite clearly, has the power to make Tanya's life hell. For myself, given Tanya's "play by the corporate handbook rules" nature, I wish the show would give me more insight into this contradictory behaviour.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, as an atheist s/he doesn't recognise Sonzai X's right to establish rules, and Sonzai X has by his admittance broken his own rules and is breaking them more and more. The initial conditions were just to survive in this world, and Sonzai X interfering further is just making Tanya more stubborn.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Okay, but don't you think that stubborness is at odds with Tanya's "go along to get ahead" attitude? For example, if he was still a salaryman and the company did something that was unfair, do you get the impression that he would have resisted or made a stink about it? I don't think so, he simply would have put his head down and rolled with the punches, knowing the futility of fighting city hall.

As another example, I could accept if Tanya's initial response, after being reincarnated, was to feign faith - "Oh my gosh, Being X, you are so mighty and wonderful, how could I have ever doubted you?" while secretly thinking, "you douchebag, as if I'm ever really going to have faith in you," I would buy that. And then if Being X said, "Nice try, dude, but I know you what you are really thinking. Enjoy the frontlines." I could have bought that, too. Then I sort of get the contest of wills. But for me, the way it's been laid out seems a little off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2