Forum - View topic
Re:CREATORS (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I really liked this series a lot. Probably going to be anime of the year for 2017 for me, but we still have another season, so we'll see.

The fact that Sota's plan worked really speaks well to Sota's understanding of Setsuna, that Setsuna's reflection, Altair, accepted Sota's version of Setsuna.

The finale was really great. I'm really glad that Meteora chose to stay, and wanted to create something herself. That's what I had previously guessed she would want, and to me the biggest sign of goo characterization is when you come to know the characters well enough that you can predict what kinds of decisions they would make in certain situations. I really liked the sendoff that everyone else got too, Hikayu and Onishi, Kanoya, Blitz and Suruga, etc. Selesia and Alectaria's creators reactions to their deaths were great as well.

On the whole, I really liked the fact that this series was more talk than action, and that it went into the creations' and creators' interactions with themselves and each other as well as exploring the creative process and creative motivation. There were plenty of action scenes, and most of them were really good. I think this is the best example I've seen of a series that does this kind of clashes between larger than life personalities. And the creations' personalities were really interesting. I tend to like things that have a lot of really different kinds of characters, and Re:creators did this really well.

Usually I'm not the most fond of sequels, but this time I kind of hope that they do more with this franchise somehow. It feels like there's room for it (e.g. Magane is still out there, they never figured out exactly how the creations were able to come) Even more than a straight sequel, I kind of wish some of those series were real anime, because they seemed like they could be legitimately good. I would definitely be interested in watching Elemental Symphony of Vogelchevalier, Code Babylon and Monomagia for example. Maybe we could something like the Shirobako OVAs that's "episode 1" of some of these series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9