• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Manga Is Already in 'Last Arc,' 60 Million Copies in Print

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicoleNippah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
Im really sad that Fairy Tail is ending, Magi is also in his final arc, everything that I love its ending Sad
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
The manga has felt like it was in its last arc for awhile, but it's kinda bittersweet to know it's official now. I love this series, despite some of its obvious flaws, and I'm hoping for a happy ending for everyone. Especially my favorite couples, but that's just the shipper in me. >.>

Those are my thoughts exactly. While this is far from Fairy Tail's finest arc, at least it's not my least favorite.
tortoislume

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 am Reply with quote
The source for this article DOES NOT say that the manga is in its final arc. It refers to the final chapter of the movie being done. Hiro Mashima would have had to announce the final arc at the beginning of Alvarez if it were ending after this arc. Please take more care in interpreting translations.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
tortoislume wrote:
The source for this article DOES NOT say that the manga is in its final arc. It refers to the final chapter of the movie being done. Hiro Mashima would have had to announce the final arc at the beginning of Alvarez if it were ending after this arc. Please take more care in interpreting translations.

Well, I guess at the end of the day, the only definitive information I can take away from this thread is that people who think that "Fairy Tail used to be good but now it sucks" can't seem to agree on when Fairy Tail started to suck.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
tortoislume wrote:

Well, I guess at the end of the day, the only definitive information I can take away from this thread is that people who think that "Fairy Tail used to be good but now it sucks" can't seem to agree on when Fairy Tail started to suck.
SO MUCH THIS.
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
Well for those of us that follow the manga that prolly is a logical assumption. Things have been heating up lately and many loose ends get tied, powerull stuff are happening and also situations that cant be avoided without a proper ending!

I Got into the manga after the 3rd or 4th anime episode! It is a great run! It has it's up's downs i mean it\s a long running series and the last 3 years it gets so much hate.

I understand people who got tired with Mashima doing fanservices and maybe the Nakama power up BUT Fairy tail's One Magic is LOVE! it's freidnship! this is why it happes!

I also want to see the final 2 arc's animated ( hopefully we will get the gintama treatment and see them when the manga is about to end)

And Finnaly i wanna dress the Top Comment.. I WANT A RAVE MASTER ANIME REMAKE! Treat it like FMA Brotherhood and give us what we want!

Also keep the same actor, it worked well with the Rave X Fairy Tail OVA!!
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote
I SWEAR that's just my luck. Just when I finally give the series a chance and really get into it, the end is near. Lol but it's cool. I'm already caught up on the chapters and all good things must come to an end. And quite frankly, this arc is the perfect wrap up to the series. And it's weird, but with each chapter that came out, I couldn't shake the feeling that this was the last arc. But it's been really interesting so I can't be upset. Now let's just hope WSJ doesn't pull the plug and we get a rushed ending like we did with Bleach.
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:18 am Reply with quote
SailorNaruto wrote:
I SWEAR that's just my luck. Just when I finally give the series a chance and really get into it, the end is near. Lol but it's cool. I'm already caught up on the chapters and all good things must come to an end. And quite frankly, this arc is the perfect wrap up to the series. And it's weird, but with each chapter that came out, I couldn't shake the feeling that this was the last arc. But it's been really interesting so I can't be upset. Now let's just hope WSJ doesn't pull the plug and we get a rushed ending like we did with Bleach.

Hey Bro a Clarrification F.T is on a different magazine then Bleach!

They dont cancel stuff that easilly down there Razz
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 am Reply with quote
tortoislume wrote:

The source specifically refers to the final arc of the ongoing manga series, not the movie:

http://gaga.ne.jp/FT.DC/intro/
連載中の原作は既に最終章に突入!
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
Sad man it'll be weird without Fairy Tail...

Wonder how long the arc will last for. It's the only manga I'm really reading at the moment.

Not really, theres so much better shounen mangas that can take the place of Fairy Tail, It will be miss but can easilly be replace.
ssj1236

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:43 am Reply with quote
Someone anyone say it ain't so Sad On the bright side remember how Bleach's last arc was so maybe we still have a 100-200 chapters on the way?
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
FT has felt like a story that is getting to its end for awhile. I'm looking forward to the ride. When it does wrap up, I'll end up hunting down Rave Master, as I've been meaning to do so for a long time now.
ssj1236

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:15 am Reply with quote
10 years since the beginning of the series - The story that Hiroshi Mashima continued is seeking a magnificent climax! FAIRY TAIL The final chapter of the event starts from here !! A new story of the popular comic "FAIRY TAIL" serialized in "Weekly Shonen Magazine" is engraved on the screen. "FAIRY TAIL" which serialization began in 2006 was loved by a wide range of age groups, TV anime was broadcasted for a long term of 277 episodes, and also received high evaluation from overseas, cumulative worldwide circulation of 60 million It became a big best seller exceeding department. And this theatrical version is an original story created based on the whole body name spanning about 200 pages autographed by original author Hiromu Mashima himself. Set in the solitary island · Stella kingdom surrounded by cliffs, in addition to familiar members of Natsu and Lucy, attractive theatrical version original characters color the screen. The original works in the series already entered the final chapter! While excitement and excitement are accelerating, thatoriginrootsIs finally revealed on the screen !?

Well that gives me some hope that the store is in its last phase meaning there might still be an arc or sub arc within this arc.
Ahmazein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:44 am Reply with quote
All the hate comments this gets, all the people who seem to not read it, yet care enough to check an article related to a series they hate and dont follow, makes so much sense to me.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It says chapter not arc.......
10 years since the beginning of the series - The story that Hiroshi Mashima continued is seeking a magnificent climax! FAIRY TAIL The final chapter of the event starts from here !! A new story of the popular comic "FAIRY TAIL" serialized in "Weekly Shonen Magazine" is engraved on the screen. "FAIRY TAIL" which serialization began in 2006 was loved by a wide range of age groups, TV anime was broadcasted for a long term of 277 episodes, and also received high evaluation from overseas, cumulative worldwide circulation of 60 million It became a big best seller exceeding department. And this theatrical version is an original story created based on the whole body name spanning about 200 pages autographed by original author Hiromu Mashima himself. Set in the solitary island · Stella kingdom surrounded by cliffs, in addition to familiar members of Natsu and Lucy, attractive theatrical version original characters color the screen. The original works in the series already entered the final chapter! While excitement and excitement are accelerating, thatoriginrootsIs finally revealed on the screen !?

The first step to learning how to translate is avoiding machine translators like Google Translate. That's why the creator's name is misspelled two different ways above, among other issues.

Next, the Japanese term 章 (shō) has different meanings, depending on the context. For manga, it usually means arcs, not chapters. (話 is used for chapters.)

Last edited by Egan Loo on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4