• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eromanga-sensei (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote

Eromanga-sensei (TV)

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: Artists

Plot Summary: Masamune Izumi is a light novel author in high school. His artist, known only as "Eromanga Sensei" is reliable but Masamune has never met him and assumes he's just a perverted otaku. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.
----------------------------------

Light novel anime adaptation, by the author of Oreimo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
You had me until the sister part.

*crying*

No....no, please, not another Oreimo.......NUUUUUUU!! Sagiri sounds JUST LIKE KIRINO.

.......oh wait.....WAIT....

spoiler[Not blood-related.] Okay....this is a maybe. And Sagiri's only 12...lol interesting...but I hope she's not too bitchy.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
I look forward to this show. Light novel romcom shenanigans is just what I want. The LN being by Oreimo's author sounds promising since despite Oreimo's ending, the show was pretty fun. The main character being 15 and the little sister being only 12 to me sounds like there's not going to be romance between the two. Maybe the sister will have a one-sided crush towards onii-chan at most.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
The main character being 15 and the little sister being only 12 to me sounds like there's not going to be romance between the two.

When has that EVER stopped anime before? Laughing

They're both minors so it works for me. Wink
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure I can name an anime that has a 12-year old in a romantic relationship with someone. A 12-year old is too young to understand things like that. A 15 year old dude on the other hand actively thinks about things like this and that. Not to mention that for a 12-year old puberty has barely started. A 12 year old wouldn't appear all that attractive to a 15 year old.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
No....no, please, not another Oreimo.......NUUUUUUU!! Sagiri sounds JUST LIKE KIRINO.

You can relax, my friend. She's nowhere near as bad. Hell, this work seems to be going out of its way to avoid Oreimo's failings.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Oreimo's Kyosuke was a really funny guy. He was a great protagonist and could carry the show by himself, almost. Hopefully this show's main character can match that. He is voiced by Yoshisomething Matsuoka which is a plus.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I'm not sure I can name an anime that has a 12-year old in a romantic relationship with someone. A 12-year old is too young to understand things like that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing

Full Moon Wo Sagashite
Rizelmine
Mamotte Lollipop
Kamichama Karin
12-sai Chii-sana Mune No Tokimeki
Neko to Watashi no Kinyoubi

.........and most shoujo series aimed at 12-year-olds. The average age of a shoujo heroine can range anywhere between 10 and 17, actually. She almost always gets a boyfriend who is either the same age as her or older. Or younger (but that's rare)

Anime aside, girls do start liking boys at least by age 12.....if not 10. The whole "cooties" thing is over by then.

Quote:
A 12 year old wouldn't appear all that attractive to a 15 year old.

IRL, probably not but in fiction: definitely yes.
I've seen even bigger age gaps than this. Anime hyper

@Vaisaga: That is good to know... :}
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I was actually thinking that shoujo might have that stuff. But I haven't seen any of those shows and don't really watch shoujo. In any case this isn't shoujo and I still think that a relationship between the main dude and the little sister is unlikely. There's always a chance, I guess, but I'd like to think that the author would have made the characters a bit older (like Oreimo) if that was the plan. Unless there are time skips or something.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I remember when OreImo first started a bunch of us said, so clearly those two are going to be in a relationship. And a bunch of other people said, "no way, that's all in your head - they'll never go there!"

Jes' sayin'.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
12 year old is a preteen. It cannot happen. No. NO! If those two end up in a relationship, I'll dive inside my TV screen and punch the dude.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Come on, 3 years isn't that big a deal.

Plus she draws erotic images for a living. Obviously she knows a thing or two already.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
12 year old is a preteen. It cannot happen. No. NO! If those two end up in a relationship, I'll dive inside my TV screen and punch the dude.

15 is still a child. Rolling Eyes It's not like they will end up having sex. This is anime; we might get one kiss in the final episode if it makes it that far.

Quote:
But I haven't seen any of those shows and don't really watch shoujo.

You should fix this horrific problem. Crying or Very sad

(Don't watch Mamotte Lollipop though because it sucks) But Princess Tutu is a work of art. If it's too "weird" for you (and it's pretty weird sometimes), Yona of the Dawn is more of a "everyone could enjoy this" show.

Last edited by Chiibi on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
A 12-year old is too young to understand things like that.

^
Clearly a little tramp...
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh Blood.

She's probably just posing in front of a mirror so she can draw the perfect seduction scene.

.........not that I would know anything about how artists study human position......doing something like that is of course silly and I'd NEVER do it.....and I certainly haven't done it in the past several times Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 13