• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Silver Guardian Anime Reveals Main Cast, New Staff, April 1 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:30 am Reply with quote
Sorry, but this isn't anime. It's a Chinese cartoon. Why are people just jumping on this bandwagon? I also see these shows listed on websites like Myanimelist, but God forbid you call something like Avatar the Last Airbender or Korra an anime.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Sorry, but this isn't anime. It's a Chinese cartoon. Why are people just jumping on this bandwagon? I also see these shows listed on websites like Myanimelist, but God forbid you call something like Avatar the Last Airbender or Korra an anime.

If you go by the Japanese definition of "anime" meaning "animation" (same goes for manga meaning "comic"), it is. However, most do it that way.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:09 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Bloodivores pretty much cured me of any desire to watch any other Emon titles.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:53 am Reply with quote
I'm not the only one who first thought Power Rangers Time Force when "Silver Guardian" appeared, right? Laughing
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
I dunno, I'm glad that China is getting its own works made, but a number of them have been pretty bad so I think I'm going to steer clear of this.

Thorfinn wrote:

In Japan, anything animated = anime. It is only the west that makes any sort of distinction.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

Well a lot of people consider shows directed and produced in large part by Japanese staff IN Japan AND having that "anime look" as their main criteria for calling it anime.

These Chinese works coming out give me a negative image of the Chinese light novel and webcomic community if these are the best they can come up with.
I'm still here waiting for Korean webtoons to have their day; they only dabbled in it with that 1 Noblesse ONA...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1