• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kemono Friends: This Season's Sleeper Hit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhmo77

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Looks like you put some more effort in this article, than any other site, but you still got some major things wrong.
As to
Quote:
it's still not clear what Serval eats or how she hunts
you should pay more attention when you watch the episode or watch it at all.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quote
^ Sounds about right. Or the remains of all the animals who didn't get anthropomorphized. There seems to be only one of each species left, and they're all female (life will find a way!)...

I think the Penguin girls are behind it all.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:23 pm Reply with quote
DanQ wrote:
Glad you mentioned ending – do you know meanings of that "invisible" silhouettes (propably of Friends) in photos?

It's not probably - it's silhouettes of Serval, Fennec, Raccoon, and Penguins group for sure.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
As for what Serval eats, all the Friends seem to survive on "Japari buns," which of course raises the question of who is providing the Japari buns? Is it some automated feeding system that hasn't broken down yet, like Lucky Beast?

I think that is answered on the last episode - Japari buns made spoiler[from vegetables that grown on farms inside the park, and the farms seems to be maintained by the Lucky Beasts. So yeah, that system isn't broken down even after human disappearance.]

Last edited by WANNFH on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:23 pm Reply with quote
The show puts me to sleep mid episodes even after several cups of coffee, but I have to admit it still somehow makes me not drop it all. This is probably what toddlers who watch Teletubbies felt like.

Still, wish it opted for traditional animation. It could've been the second coming of Zettai Bouei Leviathan.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:09 am Reply with quote
Welcome to Japari Park, son.

>Kemono Friends
>Gentle """"""""kid's"""""""" show

I do not think kids in Japan are allowed to stay up late to watch this.

That aside, this is a cute comfy show. I guess Japan wants to venture on things that have not been tackle yet, in this case safari stuff. I hope the popularity is no fluke and the series will continue to live up to the hype.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:22 am Reply with quote
Just love the show! Shows that a good concept and reasonable writing can make up for a lot of bad CG. Where did all the humans go? Next episode will probably show they spoiler[went underground]. Lots of mysteries left to keep one's interest...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 am Reply with quote
Great news, my fellow KF fans! Crunchyroll has an article quoting the creator as saying there will be more of the show (without specifying what that means - hopefully another season)!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/02/25-1/kemono-friends-will-continue-says-creator
uh546

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:20 am Reply with quote
double post.

Last edited by uh546 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:46 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Great news, my fellow KF fans! Crunchyroll has an article quoting the creator as saying there will be more of the show (without specifying what that means - hopefully another season)!

We know already. THAT was the other, earlier, article about KF posted here this week;
Kemono Friends Concept Designer: Project to Continue After Anime
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote
Doh! Ah, the ravages of age on the human memory. I think I even commented in that thread.

*munches on a Japari bun*
pl50

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
Just a small error in the article, the anime isn't based on the game as such and the game isn't really the "original", just released first. According to an interview with the producer of Kemono Friends posted on Yahoo Japan recently the manga, anime and game are all based on the setting and character designs initially created by Mine Yoshizaki for use in the Kemono Friends Project as a whole. The anime, manga and game all went into production simultaneously and it was planned from the beginning as a multimedia project, rather than creating an anime and manga based on a mobile game.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170225-00010003-bfj-ent
melmouth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quote
All frequent anime viewers know that the industry endlessly recycles standard stories with slightly different details: sword-wielding fight shows, powerful magician shows, powerful psi-wielder shows, magical girl shows, harem shows, etc., etc., etc.

When a series concept that's really fresh and new like this one, neatly combining cuteness, visual creativity, character behavior creativity, and above all a REALLY BIG MYSTERY, we tend to swoon.

Few consumers of any kind of entertainment material can resist a series that brings us a truly new concept packaged with many nice grace notes.
sourpatchthekid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Welcome to Japari Park, son.

>Kemono Friends
>Gentle """"""""kid's"""""""" show

I do not think kids in Japan are allowed to stay up late to watch this.

The script writer, Shigenori Tanabe only wrote for kids shows before this. Also i heard a quote somewhere that he wanted to make a show children could enjoy even tho it was late night
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:42 am Reply with quote
I haven't tried this one, probably in part because people kept saying the animation sucks. However, I've been complaining about lack of creativity in anime... thus I suppose I need to watch furry girls since it seems somewhat fresh Smile
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
How many copycat wannabes will there be of this, this year, next year, year thereafter, and how many of those will inevitably fail hard?... Any bets?

It's cheap to produce. Plot is fairly simple. Popularity is through the roof. It's target audience is not necessarily restricted to late night slots or specific gender. AND is by now probably making a lot of moolah*. In such an hit-and-miss industry as the anime industry, what producer wouldn't be tempted?...

*IF they get get those disc print runs going, the guide book editions which contain the discs for this have already mostly run out of pre-order slots. Not to mention what the future merchandise proceeds will be...

I'm watching it and AM exited for its (certainly well-deserved) success. But, I don't want to drown in god-awful CG in my near future. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3