• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon Adventure tri. Anime's 5th Film to Open This Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
I hope it comes out in the summer with the final one releasing at the end of the year.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
I hope it comes out in the summer with the final one releasing at the end of the year.

You know, that's the same exact point I was thinking not long ago, yeah, hopefully they get through the last 2 by the end of the year...hopefully.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:46 am Reply with quote
I really hope they don't have sexual assault in this next movie.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 am Reply with quote
Well I'd sure as heck hope the 5th movie would come out this year. We're in February here. They have 9 months to get that film out before 2017 is over. I think that's enough time. Now the more interesting question is whether they can wrap this up in 2017 and not have it leak into early 2018.
kpk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote
So my guess is the 5th film will be about Hikari, Takaru and Mei, and then the 6th and final one will be about EVERYONE. Do you agree? What do you think?
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
So my guess is the 5th film will be about Hikari, Takaru and Mei, and then the 6th and final one will be about EVERYONE. Do you agree? What do you think?

Yeah, it would be more than likely to wrap up character arcs, as they did in previous parts. The final one for everyone would be practically obvious.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote
Well, looking at the leak of what the poster for the next film entails, we all know that Meiko will not die and with Kari's face not being seen and the most talked about moment of the poster is with Ophanimon Falldown Mode, we can expect that Kari is going to do something bad that will make Gatomon become corrupted and turn into that and I got to wonder what would cause her to go that route.

Regardless, since Tai himself went through the exact same thing with the Skullgreymon incident, it now comes full circle with Kari in having corrupt digivolutions.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:35 am Reply with quote
The staff could have specified the projected month it is supposed to come out. I am normally not big on retcons for series but I will make an exception here: have the 6th film be a retcon of the last episode of Adventure 02 where at least Tai/Sora happens.
C-MC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
The staff could have specified the projected month it is supposed to come out. I am normally not big on retcons for series but I will make an exception here: have the 6th film be a retcon of the last episode of Adventure 02 where at least Tai/Sora happens.
the ending for 02 is NOT being retconned. The staff specifically said that they're leading up to it even before the first movie dropped, so no Taichi and Sora will not happen
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1